'Profit' variability in for-profit and not-for-profit hospitals
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 10 (1991)
Issue (Month): 3 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Annika Herr & Hendrik Schmitz & Boris Augurzky, 2009. "Does Higher Cost Inefficiency Imply Higher Profit Inefficiency? - Evidence on Inefficiency and Ownership of German Hospitals," Ruhr Economic Papers 0132, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Martin Gaynor & William B. Vogt, 1999.
"Antitrust and Competition in Health Care Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
7112, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shen, Yu-Chu, 2003. "The effect of financial pressure on the quality of care in hospitals," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 243-269, March.
- H. Shelton Brown, 2003. "Managed care and technical efficiency," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(2), pages 149-158.
- Leone, Andrew J. & Van Horn, R. Lawrence, 2005. "How do nonprofit hospitals manage earnings?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 815-837, July.
- Hsueh-Fen Chen & Gloria Bazzoli & Hui-Min Hsieh, 2009. "Hospital Financial Conditions and the Provision of Unprofitable Services," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 37(3), pages 259-277, September.
- Shen, Yu-Chu, 2002. "The effect of hospital ownership choice on patient outcomes after treatment for acute myocardial infarction," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 901-922, September.
- Seungchul Lee & Robert Rosenman, 2013.
"Reimbursement and Investment: Prospective Payment and For-Profit Hospitals’ Market Share,"
Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade,
Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 503-518, December.
- Seungchul Lee & Robert Rosenman, 2012. "Reimbursement and Investment: Propsective Payment and For-Profit Hospitals' Market Share," Working Papers 2012-3, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Keeler, Emmett B. & Melnick, Glenn & Zwanziger, Jack, 1999. "The changing effects of competition on non-profit and for-profit hospital pricing behavior," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 69-86, January.
- Peter Zaleski & Alfredo Esposto, 2007. "The Response to Market Power: Non-Profit Hospitals versus For-Profit Hospitals," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 35(3), pages 315-325, September.
- Mas, Núria & Seinfeld, Janice, 2008.
"Is managed care restraining the adoption of technology by hospitals?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 1026-1045, July.
- Mas, Nuria & Seinfeld, Janice, 2004. "Is managed care restraining the adoption of technology by hospitals?," IESE Research Papers D/554, IESE Business School.
- Deneffe, Daniel & Masson, Robert T., 2002. "What do not-for-profit hospitals maximize?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 461-492, April.
- John Simpson & Richard Shin, 1998. "Do Nonprofit Hospitals Exercise Market Power?," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(2), pages 141-157.
- David M. Cutler & Mark McClellan, 1996. "The Determinants of Technological Change in Heart Attack Treatment," NBER Working Papers 5751, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee Mobley & W. David Bradford, 1997. "Behavioural differences among hospitals: it is ownership, or location?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(9), pages 1125-1138.
- Ettner, Susan L. & Hermann, Richard C., 2001. "The role of profit status under imperfect information: evidence from the treatment patterns of elderly Medicare beneficiaries hospitalized for psychiatric diagnoses," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 23-49, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.