Bid-ask spreads and the avoidance of odd-eighth quotes on Nasdaq: An examination of exchange listings
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 45 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christie William G. & Huang Roger D., 1994. "Market Structures and Liquidity: A Transactions Data Study of Exchange Listings," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 300-326, June.
- Huang, Roger D. & Stoll, Hans R., 1996. "Dealer versus auction markets: A paired comparison of execution costs on NASDAQ and the NYSE," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 313-357, July.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1997. "Limit orders and the alleged Nasdaq collusion," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 91-95, July.
- Ryan J. Davies, 2001. "Matching and the Estimated Impact of Inter-listing (updated July 2003)," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2001-11, Henley Business School, Reading University, revised Jun 2003.
- Loughran, Tim & Schultz, Paul, 2005. "Liquidity: Urban versus rural firms," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 341-374, November.
- John Board & Charles Sutcliffe & Anne Vila, 2000. "Market Maker Performance: The Search for Fair Weather Market Makers," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 259-276, September.
- Fishe, Raymond P. H. & Robe, Michel A., 2004. "The impact of illegal insider trading in dealer and specialist markets: evidence from a natural experiment," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 461-488, March.
- Bennett, Paul & Wei, Li, 2006. "Market structure, fragmentation, and market quality," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 49-78, February.
- Fink, Jason & Fink, Kristin E. & Weston, James P., 2006. "Competition on the Nasdaq and the growth of electronic communication networks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 2537-2559, September.
- Naik, Narayan Y. & Yadav, Pradeep K., 2003. "Do dealer firms manage inventory on a stock-by-stock or a portfolio basis?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 325-353, August.
- Kathleen Fuller & Bonnie Ness & Robert Ness, 2010. "Is information risk priced for NASDAQ-listed stocks?," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 301-312, April.
- Valérie Revest & Samira Guennif, 2005. "Social structure and reputation: the NASDAQ case study," Post-Print halshs-00163731, HAL.
- Schwert, G. William, 1997. "Symposium on market microstructure: Focus on Nasdaq," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 3-8, July.
- Levin, Eric J. & Wright, Robert E., 2004. "Estimating the profit markup component of the bid-ask spread: evidence from the London Stock Exchange," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Wu, Chunchi, 2004. "Information flow, volatility and spreads of infrequently traded Nasdaq stocks," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 20-43, February.
- Angel, James J. & Harris, Jeffrey H. & Panchapagesan, Venkatesh & Werner, Ingrid, 2004. "From Pink Slips to Pink Sheets: Liquidity and Shareholder Wealth Consequences of Nasdaq Delistings," Working Paper Series 2004-22, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Davies, Ryan J. & Kim, Sang Soo, 2009. "Using matched samples to test for differences in trade execution costs," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 173-202, May.
- Joe Chen, 2005. "The Market Structure of Nasdaq Dealer Markets and Quoting Conventions," CARF F-Series CARF-F-040, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Tse, Yiuman & Devos, Erik, 2004. "Trading costs, investor recognition and market response: An analysis of firms that move from the Amex (Nasdaq) to Nasdaq (Amex)," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 63-83, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.