Using auctions to divest generation assets
AbstractIn most states, ratepayers will compensate utilities for their stranded costs. As a result, these costs must be measured as accurately as possible, in a manner that is easily understood by all concerned parties. We describe the options for measuring stranded costs and argue that a simultaneous ascending auction is the best approach.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal The Electricity Journal.
Volume (Year): 10 (1997)
Issue (Month): 10 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600875/description#description
Other versions of this item:
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Auctions
- L97 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Utilities: General
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Woo, Chi-Keung & Karimov, Rouslan I. & Horowitz, Ira, 2004. "Managing electricity procurement cost and risk by a local distribution company," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 635-645, March.
- Milgrom, Paul, 1998.
"Putting auction theory to work : the simultaneous ascending auction,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1986, The World Bank.
- Paul Milgrom, 2000. "Putting Auction Theory to Work: The Simultaneous Ascending Auction," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(2), pages 245-272, April.
- Paul Milgrom, . "Putting Auction Theory to Work: The Simultaneous Ascending Auction," Working Papers 98002, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.