One step up, two steps back: The progression of perceptions of women's work in prisons and jails
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Criminal Justice.
Volume (Year): 30 (2002)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcrimjus
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hemmens, Craig & Marquart, James W., 2000. "Friend or foe? Race, age, and inmate perceptions of inmate-staff relations," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 297-312.
- Stohr, Mary K. & Lovrich, Nicholas P. & Wood, Marcia J., 1996. "Service versus security concerns in contemporary jails: Testing general differences in training topic assessments," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 437-448.
- Nicholas P. Lovrich & Mary K. Stohr, 1993. "Gender and Jail Work: Correctional Policy Implications of Perceptual Diversity in the Work Force," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 12(1-2), pages 66-84, 03.
- Bazemore, Gordon & Dicker, Todd J., 1994. "Explaining detention worker orientation: Individual characteristics, occupational conditions, and organizational environment," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 297-312.
- Crouch, Ben M., 1985. "Pandora's box: Women guards in men's prisons," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 535-548.
- Ramirez, John, 1983. "Race and the apprehension of inmate misconduct," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 413-427.
- Zupan, Linda L., 1986. "Gender-related differences in correctional officers' perceptions and attitudes," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 349-361.
- Armstrong, Gaylene S. & Griffin, Marie L., 2004. "Does the job matter? Comparing correlates of stress among treatment and correctional staff in prisons," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 577-592.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.