Growth of industry clusters and innovation: Lessons from Beijing Zhongguancun Science Park
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Venturing.
Volume (Year): 21 (2006)
Issue (Month): 6 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- de Vet, Jan Maarten & Scott, Allen J., 1992. "The Southern Californian medical device industry: Innovation, new firm formation, and location," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 145-161, April.
- Arthur, W. Brian, 1990. "'Silicon Valley' locational clusters: when do increasing returns imply monopoly?," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 235-251, June.
- Storey, D. J. & Tether, B. S., 1998. "Public policy measures to support new technology-based firms in the European Union," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(9), pages 1037-1057, April.
- Link, Albert N. & Scott, John T., 2003. "U.S. science parks: the diffusion of an innovation and its effects on the academic missions of universities," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(9), pages 1323-1356, November.
- Kenneth Arrow, 1962. "Economic Welfare and the Allocation of Resources for Invention," NBER Chapters, in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors, pages 609-626 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- P Haug, 1991. "Regional formation of high-technology service industries: the software industry in Washington State," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 23(6), pages 869-884, June.
- Rauch, James E, 1993.
"Does History Matter Only When It Matters Little? The Case of City-Industry Location,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 108(3), pages 843-67, August.
- James E. Rauch, 1993. "Does History Matter Only When it Matters Little? The Case of City-Indu try Location," NBER Working Papers 4312, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jici Wang & Jixian Wang, 1998. "An analysis of new-tech agglomeration in Beijing: a new industrial district in the making?," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 30(4), pages 681-701, April.
- Jianjun Yang & Huafang Liu & Shanxing Gao & Yuan Li, 2012. "Technological innovation of firms in China: Past, present, and future," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 819-840, September.
- He, Zheng & Rayman-Bacchus, Lez & Wu, Yiming, 2011. "Self-organization of industrial clustering in a transition economy: A proposed framework and case study evidence from China," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1280-1294.
- Nobuaki Hamaguchi & Yoshihiro Kameyama, 2007. "Dense Communication and R&D in Knowledge-based Industrial Clusters: Comparative Study of Small & Medium-sized Firms in Korea and China," Discussion Paper Series 206, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University, revised Jul 2008.
- Dorota Ciolek, 2011. "Metody identyfikacji efektow zewnetrznych funkcjonowania klastrów przemyslowych," Working Papers 1103, Economics of European Integration Department, Faculty of Economics, University of Gdansk, Poland.
- Jianjun Zhang & Hao Ma, 2009. "Adoption of professional management in Chinese family business: A multilevel analysis of impetuses and impediments," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 119-139, March.
- Humphery-Jenner, Mark & Suchard, Jo-Ann, 2013. "Foreign VCs and venture success: Evidence from China," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 16-35.
- Tan, Justin & Shao, Yunfei & Li, Wan, 2013. "To be different, or to be the same? An exploratory study of isomorphism in the cluster," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 83-97.
- Dai, Ou & Liu, Xiaohui, 2009. "Returnee entrepreneurs and firm performance in Chinese high-technology industries," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 373-386, August.
- Filatotchev, Igor & Liu, Xiaohui & Lu, Jiangyong & Wright, Mike, 2011. "Knowledge spillovers through human mobility across national borders: Evidence from Zhongguancun Science Park in China," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 453-462, April.
- Nobuaki Hamaguchi & Yoshihiro Kameyama, 2008. "R&D Partnerships and Capability of Innovation of Small and Medium-Sized Firms in Zhongguancun, Beijing: The Power of Proximity," Discussion Paper Series 225, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Gilbert, Brett Anitra & McDougall, Patricia P. & Audretsch, David B., 2008. "Clusters, knowledge spillovers and new venture performance: An empirical examination," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 405-422, July.
- Min-Ren Yan & Kuo-Ming Chien, 2013. "Evaluating the Economic Performance of High-Technology Industry and Energy Efficiency: A Case Study of Science Parks in Taiwan," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(2), pages 973-987, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.