Some evidence of random walk behavior of Euro exchange rates using ranks and signs
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 29 (2005)
Issue (Month): 7 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ayadi, O. Felix & Pyun, C. S., 1994. "An application of variance ratio test to the Korean securities market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 643-658, September.
- Ian H Giddy & Gunter Dufey, 1975. "The Random Behavior of the Flexible Exchange Rates: Implications for Forecasting," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 6(1), pages 1-32, March.
- Fong, Wai Mun & Koh, Seng Kee & Ouliaris, Sam, 1997. "Joint Variance-Ratio Tests of the Martingale Hypothesis for Exchange Rates," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(1), pages 51-59, January.
- Andrew W. Lo & A. Craig MacKinlay, 1988.
"The Size and Power of the Variance Ratio Test in Finite Samples: A Monte Carlo Investigation,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0066, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lo, Andrew W. & MacKinlay, A. Craig, 1989. "The size and power of the variance ratio test in finite samples : A Monte Carlo investigation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 203-238, February.
- Andrew W. Lo & Craig A. MacKinlay, . "The Size and Power of the Variance Ratio Test in Finite Samples: A Monte Carlo Investigation," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 28-87, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Luger, Richard, 2003.
"Exact non-parametric tests for a random walk with unknown drift under conditional heteroscedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 259-276, August.
- Luger, Richard, 2001. "Exact Non-Parametric Tests for a Random Walk with Unknown Drift under Conditional Heteroscedasticity," Working Papers 01-2, Bank of Canada.
- Chow, K. Victor & Denning, Karen C., 1993.
"A simple multiple variance ratio test,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 385-401, August.
- Tom Doan, . "CHOWDENNING: RATS procedure to perform Chow-Denning multiple variance ratio test," Statistical Software Components RTS00035, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Campbell, B. & Dufour, J.M., 1994.
"Excat Nonparametric Tests of Orthogonality and Random Walk in the Presence of a Drift Parameter,"
Cahiers de recherche
9407, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Campbell, Bryan & Dufour, Jean-Marie, 1997. "Exact Nonparametric Tests of Orthogonality and Random Walk in the Presence of a Drift Parameter," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 38(1), pages 151-73, February.
- Campbell, B. & Dufour, J.M., 1994. "Excat Nonparametric Tests of Orthogonality and Random Walk in the Presence of a Drift Parameter," Cahiers de recherche 9407, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Asmara Jamaleh, 2002. "Explaining and forecasting the euro/dollar exchange rate through a non-linear threshold model," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 422-448.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Wright, Jonathan H, 2000.
"Alternative Variance-Ratio Tests Using Ranks and Signs,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 18(1), pages 1-9, January.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to replicate Wright's Alternative Variance Ratio test results," Statistical Software Components RTZ00168, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Liu, Christina Y & He, Jia, 1991. " A Variance-Ratio Test of Random Walks in Foreign Exchange Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 773-85, June.
- Andrew W. Lo & A. Craig MacKinlay, 1987.
"Stock Market Prices Do Not Follow Random Walks: Evidence From a Simple Specification Test,"
NBER Working Papers
2168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew W. Lo, A. Craig MacKinlay, 1988. "Stock Market Prices do not Follow Random Walks: Evidence from a Simple Specification Test," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 41-66.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1991. " Efficient Capital Markets: II," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1575-617, December.
- Cornell, W Bradford & Dietrich, J Kimball, 1978. "The Efficiency of the Market for Foreign Exchange under Floating Exchange Rates," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(1), pages 111-20, February.
- Baillie, Richard T & Bollerslev, Tim, 1989. " Common Stochastic Trends in a System of Exchange Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(1), pages 167-81, March.
- Nan Ting Chou & William H. Dare & William Dukes & Christopher K. Ma, 1996. "Random Walks in World Money Rates," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(9-10), pages 1453-1465, December.
- Meese, Richard A & Singleton, Kenneth J, 1982. " On Unit Roots and the Empirical Modeling of Exchange Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(4), pages 1029-35, September.
- Psaradakis Zacharias, 2000. "p-Value Adjustments for Multiple Tests for Nonlinearity," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 4(3), pages 1-8, October.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.