Can insurers pay for the "big one"? Measuring the capacity of the insurance market to respond to catastrophic losses
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 26 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2-3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Myers, Stewart C., 1977. "Determinants of corporate borrowing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 147-175, November.
- David Cummins, J. & Sommer, David W., 1996. "Capital and risk in property-liability insurance markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 1069-1092, July.
- Dwight M. Jaffee & Thomas Russell, 1996. "Catastrophe Insurance, Capital Markets and Uninsurable Risks," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-12, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Robert C. Merton & André Perold, 1993. "Theory Of Risk Capital In Financial Firms," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 6(3), pages 16-32.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00800460 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Lanfang & Wang, Susheng, 2012. "Endogenous networks in investment syndication," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 640-663.
- C. Y. Cyrus Chu & Jason J. H. Yeh, 2005. "Insuring Against Self-Fulfilling Financial Crises," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business, and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 4(2), pages 123-139, August.
- Nowak, Piotr & Romaniuk, Maciej, 2013. "Pricing and simulations of catastrophe bonds," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 18-28.
- Howard Kunreuther & Erwann Michel-Kerjan & Beverly Porter, 2003. "Assessing, Managing, and Financing Extreme Events: Dealing with Terrorism," NBER Working Papers 10179, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kent Smetters, 2005. "Insuring Against Terrorism: The Policy Challenge," NBER Working Papers 11038, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hagendorff, Bjoern & Hagendorff, Jens & Keasey, Kevin & Gonzalez, Angelica, 2014. "The risk implications of insurance securitization: The case of catastrophe bonds," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 387-402.
- Lemoyne de Forges, Sabine & Bibas, Ruben & Hallegatte, Stephane, 2011.
"A dynamic model of extreme risk coverage : resilience and efficiency in the global reinsurance market,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5807, The World Bank.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.