The accuracy of the tick test: Evidence from the Australian stock exchange
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 20 (1996)
Issue (Month): 10 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lee, Charles M C & Ready, Mark J, 1991. " Inferring Trade Direction from Intraday Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 733-46, June.
- Hasbrouck, Joel, 1988. "Trades, quotes, inventories, and information," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 229-252, December.
- Chan, Louis K. C. & Lakonishok, Josef, 1993. "Institutional trades and intraday stock price behavior," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 173-199, April.
- Lee, Charles M. C., 1992. "Earnings news and small traders : An intraday analysis," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2-3), pages 265-302, August.
- Aitken, Michael J & Garvey, Gerald T & Swan, Peter L, 1995. "How Brokers Facilitate Trade for Long-Term Clients in Competitive Securities Markets," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68(1), pages 1-33, January.
- Nikhil Rastogi & V.N. Reddy & Kiran Kumar Kotha, 2013. "Order imbalance and returns: evidence from India," International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 9(2), pages 92-109, March.
- Benveniste, Lawrence M. & M. Erdal, Sina & Wilhelm Jr., William J., 1998. "Who benefits from secondary market price stabilization of IOPs?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(6-8), pages 741-767, August.
- Timotheos Angelidis & Alexandros Benos, 2009.
"The Components of the Bid-Ask Spread: the Case of the Athens Stock Exchange,"
European Financial Management,
European Financial Management Association, vol. 15(1), pages 112-144.
- Timotheos Angelidis & Alexandros Benos, . "The Components of the Bid-Ask Spread: The case of the Athens Stock Exchange," Working Papers 0615, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Adam Blazejewski & Richard Coggins, 2004. "A piecewise linear model for trade sign inference," Finance 0412012, EconWPA.
- Adam Blazejewski & Richard Coggins, 2004. "A local non-parametric model for trade sign inference," Finance 0408009, EconWPA.
- Brown, Philip & Thomson, Nathanial & Walsh, David, 1999. "Characteristics of the order flow through an electronic open limit order book," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 335-357, November.
- Dar-Hsin Chen & Lloyd P. Blenman, 2003. "An Extended Model of Serial Covariance Bid-Ask Spreads," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business, and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 2(1), pages 75-83, April.
- Frino, Alex & Lecce, Steven & Segara, Reuben, 2011. "The impact of trading halts on liquidity and price volatility: Evidence from the Australian Stock Exchange," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 298-307, June.
- Berkman, Henk & Koch, Paul D., 2008. "Noise trading and the price formation process," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 232-250, March.
- Murphy Jun Jie Lee, 2013. "The Microstructure of Trading Processes on the Singapore Exchange," PhD Thesis, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney, number 4.
- Frino, Alex & Jarnecic, Elvis & Johnstone, David & Lepone, Andrew, 2005. "Bid-ask bounce and the measurement of price behavior around block trades on the Australian Stock Exchange," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 247-262, June.
- Theissen, Erik, 2001. "A test of the accuracy of the Lee/Ready trade classification algorithm," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 147-165, June.
- Perlin, Marcelo & Brooks, Chris & Dufour, Alfonso, 2014. "On the performance of the tick test," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 42-50.
- Asquith, Paul & Oman, Rebecca & Safaya, Christopher, 2010. "Short sales and trade classification algorithms," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 157-173, February.
- Tanggaard, Carsten, 2003. "Errors in Trade Classification: Consequences and Remedies," Finance Working Papers 03-6, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Business Studies.
- Hwang, Lee-Seok & Lee, Woo-Jong & Lim, Seung-Yeon & Park, Kyung-Ho, 2013. "Does information risk affect the implied cost of equity capital? An analysis of PIN and adjusted PIN," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 148-167.
- Paul Asquith & Rebecca Oman & Christopher Safaya, 2008. "Short Sales and Trade Classification Algorithms," NBER Working Papers 14158, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Torben G. Andersen & Oleg Bondarenko, 2013. "Assessing Measures of Order Flow Toxicity via Perfect Trade Classification," CREATES Research Papers 2013-43, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.