Tax management and investment strategies of property-liability insurers
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 18 (1994)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cummins, J. David & Danzon, Patricia M., 1997. "Price, Financial Quality, and Capital Flows in Insurance Markets," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 3-38, January.
- David F. Bradford & Kyle Logue, 1996.
"The Effects of Tax-Law Changes on Property-Casualty Insurance Prices,"
NBER Working Papers
5652, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David F. Bradford & Kyle Logue, 1998. "The Effects of Tax Law Changes on Property-Casualty Insurance Prices," NBER Chapters, in: The Economics of Property-Casualty Insurance, pages 29-80 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adams, Mike & Hardwick, Philip & Zou, Hong, 2008. "Reinsurance and corporate taxation in the United Kingdom life insurance industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 101-115, January.
- J. David Cummins & Richard D. Phillips & Stephen D. Smith, 1997.
"Derivatives and corporate risk management: participation and volume decisions in the insurance industry,"
97-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- J. David Cummins & Richard D. Phillips & Stephen D. Smith, 1998. "Derivatives and Corporate Risk Management: Participation and Volume Decisions in the Insurance Industry," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 98-19, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- J. Cummins & Gregory Nini, 2002. "Optimal Capital Utilization by Financial Firms: Evidence from the Property-Liability Insurance Industry," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 15-53, February.
- David Cummins & Christopher Lewis & Richard Phillips, 1999.
"Pricing Excess-of-Loss Reinsurance Contracts against Cat as trophic Loss,"
in: The Financing of Catastrophe Risk, pages 93-148
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J. David Cummins & Christopher M. Lewis & Richard D. Phillips, 1998. "Pricing Excess-of-loss Reinsurance Contracts Against Catastrophic Loss," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 98-09, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Robert Klein & Richard Phillips & Wenyan Shiu, 2002. "The Capital Structure of Firms Subject to Price Regulation: Evidence from the Insurance Industry," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 79-100, February.
- David F. Babbel & Anthony M. Santomero, 1997. "Risk Management by Insurers: An Analysis of the Process," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-16, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Harrington, Scott E. & Niehaus, Greg, 2003. "Capital, corporate income taxes, and catastrophe insurance," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 365-389, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.