Litigation risk and audit fees: evidence from UK firms cross-listed on US markets
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Accounting and Economics.
Volume (Year): 33 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gietzmann, M. B. & Quick, R., 1998. "Capping auditor liability: The German experience," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 81-103, January.
- Dalton, Dan R. & Hill, John W. & Ramsay, Robert J., 1997. "The threat of litigation and voluntary partner/manager turnover in big six firms," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 379-413.
- Michael Firth, 1997. "The Provision of Non-audit Services and the Pricing of Audit Fees," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 511-525.
- Aerts W. & Tarca A., 2008. "The effect of institutional setting on attributional content in management commentary reports," Working Papers 2008010, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Like Jiang & Anne Jeny-Cazavan & Sophie Audousset-coulier, 2012. "Who are Industry Specialist Auditors?," Post-Print hal-00691057, HAL.
- Ahmed, Anwer S. & Duellman, Scott, 2007. "Accounting conservatism and board of director characteristics: An empirical analysis," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2-3), pages 411-437, July.
- Nikos Vafeas & James Waegelein, 2007. "The association between audit committees, compensation incentives, and corporate audit fees," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 241-255, April.
- Lennox, Clive & Li, Bing, 2012. "The consequences of protecting audit partners’ personal assets from the threat of liability," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 154-173.
- Kim, Irene & Skinner, Douglas J., 2012. "Measuring securities litigation risk," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 290-310.
- Jaggi, Bikki & Low, Pek Yee, 2011. "Joint Effect of Investor Protection and Securities Regulations on Audit Fees," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 241-270, September.
- Ugur Lel & Darius P. Miller, 2008.
"International Cross-Listing, Firm Performance, and Top Management Turnover: A Test of the Bonding Hypothesis,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 63(4), pages 1897-1937, 08.
- Ugur Lel & Darius P. Miller, 2006. "International cross-listing, firm performance and top management turnover: a test of the bonding hypothesis," International Finance Discussion Papers 877, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.