Cost-of-illness analysis: What room in health economics?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Health Policy.
Volume (Year): 77 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- M. Raikou & A. Briggs & A. Gray & A. McGuire, 2000. "Centre-specific or average unit costs in multi-centre studies? Some theory and simulation," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(3), pages 191-198.
- Murphy, Martin, 1978. "The Value of Nonmarket Household Production: Opportunity Cost versus Market Cost Estimates," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 24(3), pages 243-55, September.
- Koopmanschap, Marc A. & Touw, Karien C. R. & Rutten, Frans F. H., 2001. "Analysis of costs and cost-effectiveness in multinational trials," Health Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 175-186, November.
- Al, Maiwenn J. & Feenstra, Talitha & Brouwer, Werner B. F., 2004. "Decision makers' views on health care objectives and budget constraints: results from a pilot study," Health Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 33-48, October.
- Shiell, Alan & Gerard, Karen & Donaldson, Cam, 1987. "Cost of illness studies: An aid to decision-making?," Health Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 317-323, December.
- Weinstein, Milton C & Shepard, Donald S & Pliskin, Joseph S, 1980. "The Economic Value of Changing Mortality Probabilities: A Decision-Theoretic Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, MIT Press, vol. 94(2), pages 373-96, March.
- Tarricone, Rosanna & Gerzeli, S. & Montanelli, R. & Frattura, Lucilla & Percudani, Mauro & Racagni, Giorgio, 2000. "Direct and indirect costs of schizophrenia in community psychiatric services in Italy: The GISIES study," Health Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 1-18, February.
- Selma J. Mushkin, 1962. "Health as an Investment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 129.
- Marc A. Koopmanschap, 1998. "Cost-of-Illness Studies: Useful for Health Policy?," PharmacoEconomics, Springer Healthcare | Adis, Springer Healthcare | Adis, vol. 14(2), pages 143-148.
- Smith, Kirsteen & Wright, Ken, 1996. "Costs of mental illness in Britain," Health Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 61-73, January.
- Kevin Schulman & Jennifer Burke & Michael Drummond & Linda Davies & Per Carlsson & Jans Gruger & Anthony Harris & Carlo Lucioni & Ramon Gisbert & Ted Llana & Eric Tom & Bernard Bloom & Richard Willke , 1998. "Resource costing for multinational neurologic clinical trials: methods and results," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(7), pages 629-638.
- Mishan, E J, 1971. "Evaluation of Life and Limb: A Theoretical Approach," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(4), pages 687-705, July-Aug..
- Jan Abel Olsen & Richard D. Smith, 2001. "Theory versus practice: a review of 'willingness-to-pay' in health and health care," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(1), pages 39-52.
- Bernard S. Bloom & Douglas J. Bruno & Daniel Y. Maman & Ravi Jayadevappa, 2001. "Usefulness of US Cost-of-Illness Studies in Healthcare Decision Making," PharmacoEconomics, Springer Healthcare | Adis, Springer Healthcare | Adis, vol. 19(2), pages 207-213.
- Koopmanschap, Marc A. & van Ineveld, B. Martin, 1992. "Towards a new approach for estimating indirect costs of disease," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1005-1010, May.
- Johannesson, Magnus & Jonsson, Bengt, 1991. "Economic evaluation in health care: Is there a role for cost-benefit analysis?," Health Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Joanna LeÅ›niowska & Agata Schubert & MichaÅ‚ Wojna & Iwona Skrzekowska-Baran & Marta Fedyna, 2014. "Costs of diabetes and its complications in Poland," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 15(6), pages 653-660, July.
- Nikos Maniadakis & Georgia Kourlaba & Dennis Cokkinos & Aggeliki Angeli & John Kyriopoulos, 2013. "The economic burden of atherothrombosis in Greece: results from the THESIS study," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 655-665, August.
- Jaldell, Henrik & Lebnak, P & Anurak, A & Krongkan, B & Khanisthar, P, 2013. "Time is money, but how much? The monetary value of response time for Thai ambulance emergency services," Karlstad University Working Papers in Economics 8, Department of Economics, Karlstad University.
- Sanjib Saha & Ulf Gerdtham, 2013. "Cost of illness studies on reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health: a systematic literature review," Health Economics Review, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 1-12, December.
- Christina Wenig, 2012. "The impact of BMI on direct costs in Children and Adolescents: empirical findings for the German Healthcare System based on the KiGGS-study," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 39-50, February.
- Kalseth, Jorid & Halvorsen, Thomas & Kalseth, Birgitte & Sarheim Anthun, Kjartan & Peltola, Mikko & Kautiainen, Kirsi & HÃ¤kkinen, Unto & Medin, Emma & Lundgren, Jonatan & Rehnberg, Clas & MÃ¡sdÃ³ttir, 2014. "Cross-country comparisons of health-care costs: The case of cancer treatment in the Nordic countries," Health Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 172-179.
- Hassan Serrier & HÃ©lÃ¨ne Sultan-Taieb & DaniÃ¨le Luce & Sophie Bejean, 2014. "Estimating the social cost of respiratory cancer cases attributable to occupational exposures in France," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 15(6), pages 661-673, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei) or () The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.