On the importance of timing specifications in market microstructure research
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Markets.
Volume (Year): 9 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/finmar
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1991.
"Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 817-58, May.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1988. "Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 877R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jul 1989.
- Peterson, Mark & Sirri, Erik, 2003. "Evaluation of the biases in execution cost estimation using trade and quote data," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 259-280, May.
- Schultz, Paul, 2000. "Regulatory and Legal Pressures and the Costs of Nasdaq Trading," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(4), pages 917-57.
- Clifford A. Ball, 2001. "True Spreads and Equilibrium Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(5), pages 1801-1835, October.
- Raman Kumar & Atulya Sarin & Kuldeep Shastri, 1998. "The Impact of Options Trading on the Market Quality of the Underlying Security: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(2), pages 717-732, 04.
- Ellis, Katrina & Michaely, Roni & O'Hara, Maureen, 2000. "The Accuracy of Trade Classification Rules: Evidence from Nasdaq," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(04), pages 529-551, December.
- Madhavan, Ananth & Smidt, Seymour, 1991.
"A Bayesian model of intraday specialist pricing,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 99-134, November.
- Ananth Madhavan & Seymour Smidt, . "A Bayesian Model of Intraday Specialist Pricing," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 02-91, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Ananth Madhavan & Seymour Smidt, . "A Bayesian Model of Intraday Specialist Pricing," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 2-91, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Madhavan, A. & Smidt, S., 1991. "A Baysian Model of Intraday Specialist Pricing," Weiss Center Working Papers 2-91, Wharton School - Weiss Center for International Financial Research.
- Blume, Marshall E & Goldstein, Michael A, 1997. " Quotes, Order Flow, and Price Discovery," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 221-44, March.
- Clarke, Jonathan E. & Fee, C. Edward & Thomas, Shawn, 2004. "Corporate diversification and asymmetric information: evidence from stock market trading characteristics," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 105-129, January.
- John Affleck-Graves, 2002. "Earnings Predictability, Information Asymmetry, and Market Liquidity," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 561-583, 06.
- Lee, Charles M C & Ready, Mark J, 1991. " Inferring Trade Direction from Intraday Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 733-46, June.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik, 2003. "Issues in assessing trade execution costs," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 233-257, May.
- Garman, Mark B., 1976. "Market microstructure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 257-275, June.
- Björn Hagströmer & Richard G. Anderson & Jane M. Binner & Birger Nilsson, 2009.
"Dynamics in systematic liquidity,"
2009-025, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Louis R. Mercorelli & David Michayluk & Anthony D. Hall, 2008. "Modelling Adverse Selection on Electronic Order-Driven Markets," Research Paper Series 220, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Koenig-Matsoukis, Laure, 2010. "Financial intermediation and the rights offer paradox," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/4430, Paris Dauphine University.
- Andersson, Jonas & Moberg, Jan-Magnus, 2007. "Structural breaks in point processes: With an application to reporting delays for trades on the New York stock exchange," Discussion Papers 2007/28, Department of Business and Management Science, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Dimitrios Karyampas & Paola Paiardini, 2011. "Probability of Informed Trading and Volatility for an ETF," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 1101, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- David Michayluk & Karyn Neuhauser, 2008. "Is Liquidity Symmetric? A Study of Newly Listed Internet and Technology Stocks," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 8(3-4), pages 159-178.
- Dale W. R. Rosenthal, 2012.
"Modeling Trade Direction,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 10(2), pages 390-415, 2012 04.
- Collver, Charles, 2009. "Measuring the impact of option market activity on the stock market: Bivariate point process models of stock and option transactions," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 87-106, February.
- Thomas Henker & Martin Martens, 2010. "Spread decomposition with common spread components," International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 6(2), pages 88-115, April.
- William Lin & Shih-Chuan Tsai & David Sun, 2011.
"Price informativeness and predictability: how liquidity can help,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(17), pages 2199-2217.
- Lin, William & Tsai, Shih-Chuan & Sun, David, 2008. "Price informativeness and predictability: how liquidity can help," MPRA Paper 20226, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Oct 2009.
- Jiang, Christine X. & Likitapiwat, Tanakorn & McInish, Thomas H., 2012. "Information Content of Earnings Announcements: Evidence from After-Hours Trading," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 47(06), pages 1303-1330, December.
- Kryzanowski, Lawrence & Lazrak, Skander, 2009. "Liquidity minimization and cross-listing choice: Evidence based on Canadian shares cross-listed on U.S. venues," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 550-564, July.
- Zaichao Du, 2011. "Intraday probability of informed trading," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(4), pages 3103-3112.
- Yan, Yuxing & Zhang, Shaojun, 2014. "Quality of PIN estimates and the PIN-return relationship," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 137-149.
- Kryzanowski, Lawrence & Lazrak, Skander & Rakita, Ian, 2010. "Behavior of liquidity and returns around Canadian seasoned equity offerings," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2954-2967, December.
- Utpal Bhattacharya & Craig W. Holden & Stacey Jacobsen, 2012. "Penny Wise, Dollar Foolish: Buy-Sell Imbalances On and Around Round Numbers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(2), pages 413-431, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.