On the importance of timing specifications in market microstructure research
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Markets.
Volume (Year): 9 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/finmar
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John Affleck-Graves, 2002. "Earnings Predictability, Information Asymmetry, and Market Liquidity," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 561-583, 06.
- Clarke, Jonathan E. & Fee, C. Edward & Thomas, Shawn, 2004. "Corporate diversification and asymmetric information: evidence from stock market trading characteristics," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 105-129, January.
- Raman Kumar & Atulya Sarin & Kuldeep Shastri, 1998. "The Impact of Options Trading on the Market Quality of the Underlying Security: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(2), pages 717-732, 04.
- Ellis, Katrina & Michaely, Roni & O'Hara, Maureen, 2000. "The Accuracy of Trade Classification Rules: Evidence from Nasdaq," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(04), pages 529-551, December.
- Garman, Mark B., 1976. "Market microstructure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 257-275, June.
- Ananth Madhavan & Seymour Smidt, .
"A Bayesian Model of Intraday Specialist Pricing,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
2-91, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Madhavan, A. & Smidt, S., 1991. "A Baysian Model of Intraday Specialist Pricing," Weiss Center Working Papers 2-91, Wharton School - Weiss Center for International Financial Research.
- Ananth Madhavan & Seymour Smidt, . "A Bayesian Model of Intraday Specialist Pricing," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 02-91, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Blume, Marshall E & Goldstein, Michael A, 1997. " Quotes, Order Flow, and Price Discovery," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 221-44, March.
- Lee, Charles M C & Ready, Mark J, 1991. " Inferring Trade Direction from Intraday Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 733-46, June.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1988.
"Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
877R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jul 1989.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1991. "Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 817-58, May.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik, 2003. "Issues in assessing trade execution costs," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 233-257, May.
- Schultz, Paul, 2000. "Regulatory and Legal Pressures and the Costs of Nasdaq Trading," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(4), pages 917-57.
- Clifford A. Ball, 2001. "True Spreads and Equilibrium Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(5), pages 1801-1835, October.
- Peterson, Mark & Sirri, Erik, 2003. "Evaluation of the biases in execution cost estimation using trade and quote data," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 259-280, May.
- David Michayluk & Karyn Neuhauser, 2008. "Is Liquidity Symmetric? A Study of Newly Listed Internet and Technology Stocks," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 8(3-4), pages 159-178.
- Louis R. Mercorelli & David Michayluk & Anthony D. Hall, 2008. "Modelling Adverse Selection on Electronic Order-Driven Markets," Research Paper Series 220, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Dale W. R. Rosenthal, 2012.
"Modeling Trade Direction,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 10(2), pages 390-415, 2012 04.
- Collver, Charles, 2009. "Measuring the impact of option market activity on the stock market: Bivariate point process models of stock and option transactions," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 87-106, February.
- Andersson, Jonas & Moberg, Jan-Magnus, 2007. "Structural breaks in point processes: With an application to reporting delays for trades on the New York stock exchange," Discussion Papers 2007/28, Department of Business and Management Science, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Jiang, Christine X. & Likitapiwat, Tanakorn & McInish, Thomas H., 2012. "Information Content of Earnings Announcements: Evidence from After-Hours Trading," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 47(06), pages 1303-1330, December.
- Kryzanowski, Lawrence & Lazrak, Skander & Rakita, Ian, 2010. "Behavior of liquidity and returns around Canadian seasoned equity offerings," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2954-2967, December.
- Utpal Bhattacharya & Craig W. Holden & Stacey Jacobsen, 2012. "Penny Wise, Dollar Foolish: Buy-Sell Imbalances On and Around Round Numbers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(2), pages 413-431, February.
- Dimitrios Karyampas & Paola Paiardini, 2011. "Probability of Informed Trading and Volatility for an ETF," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 1101, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Lin, William & Tsai, Shih-Chuan & Sun, David, 2008.
"Price informativeness and predictability: how liquidity can help,"
20226, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Oct 2009.
- William Lin & Shih-Chuan Tsai & David Sun, 2011. "Price informativeness and predictability: how liquidity can help," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(17), pages 2199-2217.
- Kryzanowski, Lawrence & Lazrak, Skander, 2009. "Liquidity minimization and cross-listing choice: Evidence based on Canadian shares cross-listed on U.S. venues," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 550-564, July.
- Zaichao Du, 2011. "Intraday probability of informed trading," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(4), pages 3103-3112.
- Thomas Henker & Martin Martens, 2010. "Spread decomposition with common spread components," International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 6(2), pages 88-115, April.
- Hagströmer, Björn & Anderson, Richard G. & Binner, Jane & Nilsson, Birger, 2009.
"Dynamics in Systematic Liquidity,"
2009:7, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Koenig-Matsoukis, Laure, 2010. "Financial intermediation and the rights offer paradox," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/4430, Paris Dauphine University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.