Option chain and change management: A structural equation application
AbstractSummary Building on concepts from a resource-based view of a firm and real option theory we propose a model that describes the links between a firm options development and the expected profitability. Empirical results of structural equation models on the video-game industry indicate that (i) the balance between industry innovativeness and firm innovativeness affects the perception of potential option, (ii) the industry threats and firm competences mediate the transformation of real option into profitable product, (iii) the strategic choice of project to be developed in a creative industry can be satisfactorily modelled by the option chain model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Management Journal.
Volume (Year): 27 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/115/description#description
Other versions of this item:
- Thierry Burger-Helmchen, 2006. "Option chain and change management : a structural equation application," Working Papers of BETA 2006-28, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Luigi Zingales, 2000.
"In Search of New Foundations,"
CRSP working papers
515, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Rita Gunther McGrath & Ming-Hone Tsai & S. Venkataraman & I. C. MacMillan, 1996. "Innovation, Competitive Advantage and Rent: A Model and Test," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(3), pages 389-403, March.
- Bruce Kogut, 1991. "Joint Ventures and the Option to Expand and Acquire," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(1), pages 19-33, January.
- John A. Mathews, 2003. "Strategizing by firms in the presence of markets for resources," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(6), pages 1157-1193, December.
- Andrew H. Van de Ven, 1986. "Central Problems in the Management of Innovation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(5), pages 590-607, May.
- Gisèle Umbhauer, 2007. "De l’amiante au chrysotile, un glissement stratégique dans la désinformation," Working Papers of BETA 2007-15, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Sofia Pessoa e Costa & Stéphane Robin, 2007. "The Impact Of Training Programmes On Wages In France: An Evaluation Of The “Qualifying Contract” Using Propensity Scores," Working Papers of BETA 2007-18, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Meixing DAI & Moïse SIDIROPOULOS & Eleftherios SPYROMITROS, 2007. "La transparence de la politique monétaire et la dynamique des marchés financiers," Working Papers of BETA 2007-19, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Pätäri, Satu & Kyläheiko, Kalevi & Sandström, Jaana, 2011. "Opening up new strategic options in the pulp and paper industry: Case biorefineries," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 456-464, July.
- Li Qin & Eleftherios Spyromitros & Moïse Sidiropoulos, 2007. "Monetary Policy with Uncertain Central Bank Preferences for Robustness," Working Papers of BETA 2007-23, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Meixing DAI, 2007. "A two-pillar strategy to keep inflation expectations at bay: A basic theoretical framework," Working Papers of BETA 2007-20, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Estelle Dhont-Peltrault & Etienne Pfister, 2007. "R&D cooperation versus R&D subcontracting: empirical evidence from French survey data," Working Papers of BETA 2007-17, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.