The New Global Russian Business Leaders:: Lessons from a Decade of Transition
AbstractTo illustrate the transition that has occurred in Russia since 1992, the authors studied Russian business leadership and entrepreneurship in a range of situations, from the transformation of a Soviet-era biscuit factory, to high-tech start-ups modeled on Western business practices. This article describes organization and leadership practices in Russia, and focuses on an emerging leadership style the authors termed "global Russian." The purpose of this research is both hindsight and foresight: by analyzing the rapid changes of the recent past, the authors seek to provide lessons on leadership that will be valuable for Russian business leaders and for those who seek to engage in working partnerships with them.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Management Journal.
Volume (Year): 22 (2004)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/115/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kiran Ismail & David Ford, 2010. "Organizational leadership in Central Asia and the Caucasus: Research considerations and directions," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 321-340, June.
- Filippov, Sergey, 2008. "Russia's emerging multinationals: trends and issues," MERIT Working Papers 062, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Djatej, Arsen & Gao, Grace & Sarikas, Robert H.S. & Senteney, David L., 2011. "Eastern and Western European firms public and private information quality: The comparative impact of degree of implementation of IFRS," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 111-129, June.
- Sophie Boutillier, 2008. "The Russian Entrepreneur Today: Elements of Analysis of the Socialized Entrepreneur," Journal of Innovation Economics, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(1), pages 131-154.
- Prof. Dr. Walter Ruda & Prof. Dr. Thomas A. Martin & Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Arnold & M.A. Dipl.-Betriebswirt (FH) Benjamin Danko, 2011. "Einflussfaktoren auf Gründungsdispositionen und Entrepreneurship-Merkmalen von Studierenden – Ein Vergleich von Russland und Deutschland," Proceedings- 9th International Conference on Mangement, Enterprise and Benchmarking (MEB 2011), Óbuda University, Keleti Faculty of Business and Management.
- Kalotay, Kalman, 2008. "Russian transnationals and international investment paradigms," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 85-107, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.