Long term dependence in stock returns
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Empirical Finance.
Volume (Year): 3 (1996)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jempfin
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Goetzmann, William Nelson, 1993. "Patterns in Three Centuries of Stock Market Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66(2), pages 249-70, April.
- Lo, Andrew W. (Andrew Wen-Chuan), 1989.
"Long-term memory in stock market prices,"
3014-89., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Andrew W. Lo, A. Craig MacKinlay, 1988.
"Stock Market Prices do not Follow Random Walks: Evidence from a Simple Specification Test,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 41-66.
- Tom Doan, . "VRATIO: RATS procedure to implement variance ratio unit root test procedure," Statistical Software Components RTS00231, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Andrew W. Lo & A. Craig MacKinlay, 1987. "Stock Market Prices Do Not Follow Random Walks: Evidence From a Simple Specification Test," NBER Working Papers 2168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Poterba, James M. & Summers, Lawrence H., 1988.
"Mean reversion in stock prices : Evidence and Implications,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 27-59, October.
- James M. Poterba & Lawrence H. Summers, 1987. "Mean Reversion in Stock Prices: Evidence and Implications," NBER Working Papers 2343, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sowell, Fallaw, 1990. "The Fractional Unit Root Distribution," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(2), pages 495-505, March.
- Kim, Myung Jig & Nelson, Charles R & Startz, Richard, 1991.
"Mean Reversion in Stock Prices? A Reappraisal of the Empirical Evidence,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(3), pages 515-28, May.
- Myung Jig Kim & Charles R. Nelson & Richard Startz, 1988. "Mean Reversion in Stock Prices? A Reappraisal of the Empirical Evidence," NBER Working Papers 2795, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong, 1993. "Long Memory in Foreign-Exchange Rates," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(1), pages 93-101, January.
- Jegadeesh, Narasimhan, 1990. " Evidence of Predictable Behavior of Security Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(3), pages 881-98, July.
- Sowell, Fallaw, 1992. "Maximum likelihood estimation of stationary univariate fractionally integrated time series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1-3), pages 165-188.
- Greene, Myron T. & Fielitz, Bruce D., 1977. "Long-term dependence in common stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 339-349, May.
- Andrew C. Harvey, 1990. "The Econometric Analysis of Time Series, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 2, volume 1, number 026208189x, December.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1988. "Permanent and Temporary Components of Stock Prices," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(2), pages 246-73, April.
- De Bondt, Werner F M & Thaler, Richard, 1985. " Does the Stock Market Overreact?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 793-805, July.
- Mishra, Ritesh Kumar & Sehgal, Sanjay & Bhanumurthy, N.R., 2011. "A search for long-range dependence and chaotic structure in Indian stock market," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 96-104, May.
- John Goddard & Enrico Onali, 2014.
"Self-affinity in financial asset returns,"
- Batten, Jonathan & Ellis, Craig & Mellor, Robert, 1999. "Scaling laws in variance as a measure of long-term dependence," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 123-138, June.
- Ellis, Craig, 1999. "Estimation of the ARFIMA (p, d, q) fractional differencing parameter (d) using the classical rescaled adjusted range technique," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 53-65.
- Jamdee, Sutthisit & Los, Cornelis A., 2007.
"Long memory options: LM evidence and simulations,"
Research in International Business and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 260-280, June.
- A. Sensoy & Benjamin Miranda Tabak, 2013.
"How much random does European Union walk? A time-varying long memory analysis,"
Working Papers Series
342, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Ahmet Sensoy & Benjamin M. Tabak, 2013. "How Much Random Does European Union Walk? A Time-Varying Long Memory Analysis," Working Paper 12, Research and Business Development Department, Borsa Istanbul.
- Gündüz, Yalin & Kaya, Orcun, 2013. "Sovereign default swap market efficiency and country risk in the eurozone," Discussion Papers 08/2013, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Onali, Enrico & Goddard, John, 2011.
"Are European equity markets efficient? New evidence from fractal analysis,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 59-67, April.
- Enrico Onali & John Goddard, 2014. "Are European equity markets efficient? New evidence from fractal analysis," Papers 1402.1440, arXiv.org.
- Jonathan Dark, 2004. "Long memory in the volatility of the Australian All Ordinaries Index and the Share Price Index futures," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 5/04, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Howe, John S. & Martin, Deryl W. & WoodJr., Bob G., 1999. "Much ado about nothing: Long-term memory in Pacific Rim equity markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 139-151, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.