Business failure prediction using rough sets
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Operational Research.
Volume (Year): 114 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eisenbeis, Robert A, 1977. "Pitfalls in the Application of Discriminant Analysis in Business, Finance, and Economics," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(3), pages 875-900, June.
- Altman, Edward I., 1984. "The success of business failure prediction models : An international survey," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 171-198, June.
- Scott, James, 1981. "The probability of bankruptcy: A comparison of empirical predictions and theoretical models," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 317-344, September.
- Frydman, Halina & Altman, Edward I & Kao, Duen-Li, 1985. " Introducing Recursive Partitioning for Financial Classification: The Case of Financial Distress," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(1), pages 269-91, March.
- Edward I. Altman, 1968. "Financial Ratios, Discriminant Analysis And The Prediction Of Corporate Bankruptcy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(4), pages 589-609, 09.
- Altman, Edward I. & Marco, Giancarlo & Varetto, Franco, 1994. "Corporate distress diagnosis: Comparisons using linear discriminant analysis and neural networks (the Italian experience)," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 505-529, May.
- Dimitras, A. I. & Zanakis, S. H. & Zopounidis, C., 1996. "A survey of business failures with an emphasis on prediction methods and industrial applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 487-513, May.
- Luoma, M & Laitinen, EK, 1991. "Survival analysis as a tool for company failure prediction," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 673-678.
- Pawlak, Zdzisaw & Sowinski, Roman, 1994. "Rough set approach to multi-attribute decision analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 443-459, February.
- Ooghe, H. & De Prijcker, S., 2006.
"Failure processes and causes of company bankruptcy: a typology,"
Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series
2006-21, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
- H. Ooghe & S. De Prijcker, 2006. "Failure process and causes of company bankruptcy: a typology," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 06/388, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Bhimani, Alnoor & Gulamhussen, Mohamed Azzim & Lopes, Samuel Da-Rocha, 2010. "Accounting and non-accounting determinants of default: An analysis of privately-held firms," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 517-532, November.
- Zopounidis, Constantin & Doumpos, Michael, 2001. "A preference disaggregation decision support system for financial classification problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(2), pages 402-413, April.
- du Jardin, Philippe, 2012. "The influence of variable selection methods on the accuracy of bankruptcy prediction models," MPRA Paper 44383, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Low Sui Pheng & Jiang Hongbin, 2006. "Analysing ownership, locational and internalization advantages of Chinese construction MNCs using rough sets analysis," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(11), pages 1149-1165.
- McKee, Thomas E. & Lensberg, Terje, 2002. "Genetic programming and rough sets: A hybrid approach to bankruptcy classification," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 138(2), pages 436-451, April.
- du Jardin, Philippe & Séverin, Eric, 2011. "Predicting corporate bankruptcy using a self-organizing map: An empirical study to improve the forecasting horizon of a financial failure model," MPRA Paper 44262, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- García-Gallego, Ana & Mures-Quintana, María-Jesús, 2013. "La muestra de empresas en los modelos de predicción del fracaso: influencia en los resultados de clasificación || The Sample of Firms in Business Failure Prediction Models: Influence on Classificati," Revista de Métodos Cuantitativos para la Economía y la Empresa = Journal of Quantitative Methods for Economics and Business Administration, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Quantitative Methods for Economics and Business Administration, vol. 15(1), pages 133-150, June.
- Tay, Francis E. H. & Shen, Lixiang, 2002. "Economic and financial prediction using rough sets model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 141(3), pages 641-659, September.
- Zopounidis, C., 1999. "Multicriteria decision aid in financial management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 119(2), pages 404-415, December.
- Azibi, R. & Vanderpooten, D., 2002. "Construction of rule-based assignment models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 138(2), pages 274-293, April.
- Marina Geenhuizen, 2007. "Modelling dynamics of knowledge networks and local connectedness: a case study of urban high-tech companies in The Netherlands," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 41(4), pages 813-833, December.
- (Bill) Tseng, Tzu-Liang & Huang, Chun-Che, 2007. "Rough set-based approach to feature selection in customer relationship management," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 365-383, August.
- Sawicki, Piotr & Zak, Jacek, 2009. "Technical diagnostic of a fleet of vehicles using rough set theory," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 193(3), pages 891-903, March.
- Beynon, Malcolm J., 2005. "A novel technique of object ranking and classification under ignorance: An application to the corporate failure risk problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 167(2), pages 493-517, December.
- Westgaard, Sjur & van der Wijst, Nico, 2001. "Default probabilities in a corporate bank portfolio: A logistic model approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 135(2), pages 338-349, December.
- Jacquet-Lagreze, Eric & Siskos, Yannis, 2001. "Preference disaggregation: 20 years of MCDA experience," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(2), pages 233-245, April.
- Wolfgang K. Härdle & Rouslan A. Moro & Dorothea Schäfer, 2004. "Rating Companies with Support Vector Machines," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 416, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- M.J. Segovia-Vargas & J.A. Gil-Fana & A. Heras-Martínez & J.L. Vilar-Zanón & A. Sanchis-Arellano, 2003. "Using Rough Sets to predict insolvency of Spanish non-life insurance companies," Documentos de trabajo de la Facultad de Ciencias EconÃ³micas y Empresariales 03-02, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales.
- Zopounidis, Constantin & Doumpos, Michael, 2002. "Multi-group discrimination using multi-criteria analysis: Illustrations from the field of finance," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 139(2), pages 371-389, June.
- Petr Jakubík & Petr Teplý, 2011. "The JT Index as an Indicator of Financial Stability of Corporate Sector," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2011(2), pages 157-176.
- Evangelos C. Charalambakis, 2013. "On the prediction of corporate financial distress in the light of the financial crisis: empirical evidence from Greek listed firms," Working Papers 164, Bank of Greece.
- Ghassan Hossari, 2012. "Optimising errors in signaling corporate collapse using MCCCRA," International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(3), pages 300-316.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.