Poverty measurement with contaminated data: A robust approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 40 (1996)
Issue (Month): 9 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tim Callan & Brian Nolan, 1987.
"Concepts of Poverty and the Poverty Line,"
WP002, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-66, May.
- Clark, Stephen & Hemming, Richard & Ulph, David, 1981. "On Indices for the Measurement of Poverty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(362), pages 515-26, June.
- Kundu, Amitabh & Smith, Tony E, 1983. "An Impossibility Theorem on Poverty Indices," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 24(2), pages 423-34, June.
- Frank A Cowell & Maria-Pia Victoria-Feser, 1994. "Robustness properties of poverty indices," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 08, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Sen, Amartya K, 1976. "Poverty: An Ordinal Approach to Measurement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 219-31, March.
- Cowell, Frank A & Victoria-Feser, Maria-Pia, 1996. "Robustness Properties of Inequality Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(1), pages 77-101, January.
- Atkinson, A B, 1987. "On the Measurement of Poverty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 749-64, July.
- Juan Gabriel Rodríguez & Rafael Salas & Irene Perrote, 2005.
"Partial Horizontal Inequity Orderings: A Non-parametric Approach,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 67(3), pages 347-368, 06.
- Juan Gabriel Rodríguez & Rafael Salas & Irene Perrote, 2004. "Partial Horizontal Inequity Orderings: A non-parametric Approach," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2004/01, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Russell Davidson & Emmanuel Flachaire, 2004.
"Asymptotic and bootstrap inference for inequality and poverty measures,"
Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques
v04100, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Davidson, Russell & Flachaire, Emmanuel, 2007. "Asymptotic and bootstrap inference for inequality and poverty measures," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(1), pages 141-166, November.
- Russell Davidson & Emmanuel Flachaire, 2006. "Asymptotic And Bootstrap Inference For Inequality And Poverty Measures," Departmental Working Papers 2005-06, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- Russell Davidson & Emmanuel Flachaire, 2007. "Asymptotic and bootstrap inference for inequality and poverty measures," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00175929, HAL.
- Christophe Muller & Sami Bibi, 2006.
"Focused Targeting Against Poverty Evidence From Tunisia,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
2006-01, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Christophe Muller & Sami Bibi, 2007. "Focused Targeting against Poverty Evidence from Tunisia," Working Papers DT/2007/07, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Christophe Muller & Sami Bibi, 2006. "Focused Targeting against Poverty Evidence from Tunisia," IDEP Working Papers 0602, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France, revised Apr 2006.
- Christophe Muller, 1997.
"Transient seasonal and chronic poverty of peasants: Evidence from Rwanda,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
1997-08, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Christophe Muller, 1997. "Transient seasonal and chronic poverty of peasants: evidence from Rwanda," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/1997-08, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Christophe Muller, 2001. "The Properties of the Watts Poverty Index under Lognormality," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 9(1), pages 1-9.
- Juan Prieto Rodríguez & Juan Gabriel Rodríguez & Rafael Salas, 2004.
"Is an inequality-neutral flat tax reform really neutral?,"
Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces
E2004/43, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Juan Prieto Rodríguez & Juan Gabriel Rodríguez & Rafael Salas, . "Is An Inequality-Neutral Flat Tax Reform Really Neutral?," Working Papers 29-04 Classification-JEL , Instituto de Estudios Fiscales.
- Christophe Muller, 2006. "Poverty Simulation And Price Changes," Working Papers. Serie AD 2006-13, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Michał Brzeziński, 2013. "Variance estimation for richness measures," Working Papers 2013-03, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Frank Cowell & Maria-Pia Victoria-Feser, 2003. "Distribution-Free Inference for Welfare Indices under Complete and Incomplete Information," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 191-219, December.
- Hlasny, Vladimir & Verme, Paolo, 2013. "Top incomes and the measurement of inequality in Egypt," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6557, The World Bank.
- James Foster & Joel Greer & Erik Thorbecke, 2010. "The Foster–Greer–Thorbecke (FGT) poverty measures: 25 years later," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 491-524, December.
- B. Essama-Nssah & Paul Saumik & Léandre Bassolé, 2013. "Accounting for Heterogeneity in Growth Incidence in Cameroon Using Recentered Influence Function Regression," Working Papers 288, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Osberg, Lars, 2002. "Trends in poverty: the UK in international perspective: how rates mislead and intensity matters," ISER Working Paper Series 2002-10, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Heshmati, Almas, 2004. "A Review of Decomposition of Income Inequality," IZA Discussion Papers 1221, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Heshmati, Almas, 2004. "Inequalities and Their Measurement," IZA Discussion Papers 1219, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.