Poverty measurement with contaminated data: A robust approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 40 (1996)
Issue (Month): 9 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Clark, Stephen & Hemming, Richard & Ulph, David, 1981. "On Indices for the Measurement of Poverty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(362), pages 515-26, June.
- Sen, Amartya K, 1976. "Poverty: An Ordinal Approach to Measurement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 219-31, March.
- Callan, Tim & Nolan, Brian, 1991.
" Concepts of Poverty and the Poverty Line,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(3), pages 243-61.
- Tim Callan & Brian Nolan, 1987. "Concepts of Poverty and the Poverty Line," Papers, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI) WP002, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-66, May.
- Cowell, Frank A & Victoria-Feser, Maria-Pia, 1996. "Robustness Properties of Inequality Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 64(1), pages 77-101, January.
- Kundu, Amitabh & Smith, Tony E, 1983. "An Impossibility Theorem on Poverty Indices," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 24(2), pages 423-34, June.
- Atkinson, A B, 1987. "On the Measurement of Poverty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 749-64, July.
- Frank A Cowell & Maria-Pia Victoria-Feser, 1994.
"Robustness properties of poverty indices,"
STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE
08, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Frank Cowell & Maria-Pia Victoria-Feser, 1994. "Robustness properties of poverty indices," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library 2158, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.