Secrets to the successful Hungarian bank privatization: the benefits of foreign ownership through strategic partnerships
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economic Systems.
Volume (Year): 28 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Landshuter Str. 4, 93047 Regensburg
Phone: +49-(0)941-943 54 10
Fax: +49-(0)941-943 54 27
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/621171
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 2000.
"The Great Reversals: The Politics of Financial Development in the 20th Century,"
OECD Economics Department Working Papers
265, OECD Publishing.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 2001. "The Great Reversals: The Politics of Financial Development in the 20th Century," NBER Working Papers 8178, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 2001. "The Great Reversals: The Politics of Financial Development in the 20th Century," CEPR Discussion Papers 2783, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 2001. "The Great Reversals: The Politics of Financial Development in the 20th Century," CRSP working papers 526, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Katalin Mérõ & Marianna Endrész Valentinyi, 2003. "The Role of Foreign Banks in Five Central and Eastern European Countries," MNB Working Papers 2003/10, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (the central bank of Hungary).
- Roger C. Kormendi & Karen Schnatterly, 1996. "Bank Privatization in Hungary and the Magyar Kulkereskedelmi Bank Transaction," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 3, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Lorand Ambrus-Lakatos & Ulrich Hege, 1998. "Delegation and Delay in Bank Privatization," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 181, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Claessens, Stijn & Demirguc-Kunt, Asl[iota] & Huizinga, Harry, 2001. "How does foreign entry affect domestic banking markets?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 891-911, May.
- Majnoni, Giovanni & Shankar, Rashmi & Varhegyi, Eva, 2003. "The dynamics of foreign bank ownership - evidence from Hungary," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3114, The World Bank.
- Linda Goldberg & B. Gerard Dages & Daniel Kinney, 2000.
"Foreign and Domestic Bank Participation in Emerging Markets: Lessons from Mexico and Argentina,"
NBER Working Papers
7714, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- B. Gerard Dages & Linda Goldberg & Daniel Kinney, 2000. "Foreign and domestic bank participation in emerging markets: lessons from Mexico and Argentina," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Sep, pages 17-36.
- Steven Fries & Anita Taci, 2002. "Banking reform and development in transition economies," Working Papers 71, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Office of the Chief Economist.
- Leslie Lipschitz & Alex Mourmouras & Timothy D. Lane, 2002. "Capital Flows to Transition Economies: Master or Servant," IMF Working Papers 02/11, International Monetary Fund.
- Caprio, Gerard Jr. & Honohan, Patrick, 2002. "Banking policy and macroeconomic stability - an exploration," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2856, The World Bank.
- Schardax, Franz & Reininger, Thomas & Summer, Martin, 2001. "The Financial System in the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland after a Decade of Transition," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2001,16, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Allen N. Berger & Robert DeYoung & Hesna Genay & Gregory F. Udell, 2000.
"Globalization of financial institutions: evidence from cross-border banking performance,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2000-04, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen N. Berger & Robert DeYoung & Hesna Genay & Gregory F. Udell, 1999. "Globalization of financial institutions: evidence from cross-border banking performance," Working Paper Series WP-99-25, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- John Bonin & Paul Wachtel, 1999. "Lessons from Bank Privatization in Central Europe," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 245, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Várhegyi, Éva, 2001.
"Külföldi tulajdon a magyar bankrendszerben
[Foreign ownership in the Hungarian banking system]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(7), pages 581-598.
- Grigorian, David A. & Manole, Vlad, 2002.
"Determinants of commercial bank performance in transition - an application of data envelopment analysis,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2850, The World Bank.
- David A Grigorian & Vlad Manole, 2006. "Determinants of Commercial Bank Performance in Transition: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 48(3), pages 497-522, September.
- David A. Grigorian & Vlad Manole, 2002. "Determinants of Commercial Bank Performance in Transition: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis," IMF Working Papers 02/146, International Monetary Fund.
- Brada, Josef C. & Ma, Chia-Ying, 2007. "The optimal timing of initial public offerings in the course of privatization: Theory and an illustrative application," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 121-137, June.
- Bang, James T., 2007. "Determinants of the method of sale in privatization," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 272-291, September.
- Razane Chroqui, 2008. "Banques étrangères, mode de gouvernance et performance des banques privatisées," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 93(3), pages 275-295.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.