Estimation of Type 3 Tobit models using symmetric trimming and pairwise comparisons
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 76 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1-2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
Other versions of this item:
- Bo E. Honore & Ekaterini Kyriazidou & Christopher Udry, . "Estimation of Type 3 Tobit Models using Symmetric Trimming and Pairwise Comparisons," Home Pages _001, Princeton University, Department of Economics.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lee, L-F., 1990.
"Semiparametric Two Stage Estimation of Sample Selection Models Subject to Tobit-Type Selection Rules,"
256, Minnesota - Center for Economic Research.
- Lee, Lung-fei, 1994. "Semiparametric two-stage estimation of sample selection models subject to Tobit-type selection rules," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 305-344, April.
- Lee, L-F., 1990.
"Semiparametric Nonlinear Least Square Estimation of Truncated Regression Models,"
254, Minnesota - Center for Economic Research.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1992. "Semiparametic Nonlinear Least-Squares Estimation of Truncated Regression Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(01), pages 52-94, March.
- Newey, Whitney K & Powell, James L, 1987. "Asymmetric Least Squares Estimation and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 819-47, July.
- Powell, James L, 1986. "Symmetrically Trimmed Least Squares Estimation for Tobit Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(6), pages 1435-60, November.
- Heckman, James J, 1979.
"Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 153-61, January.
- Udry, Christopher, 1994. "Risk and Insurance in a Rural Credit Market: An Empirical Investigation in Northern Nigeria," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 495-526, July.
- Chesher, Andrew & Spady, Richard, 1991. "Asymptotic Expansions of the Information Matrix Test Statistic," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 787-815, May.
- James J. Heckman, 1976. "The Common Structure of Statistical Models of Truncation, Sample Selection and Limited Dependent Variables and a Simple Estimator for Such Models," NBER Chapters, in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 5, number 4, pages 475-492 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Honore, Bo E. & Powell, James L., 1994. "Pairwise difference estimators of censored and truncated regression models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1-2), pages 241-278.
- Duncan, Gregory M., 1986. "A semi-parametric censored regression estimator," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 5-34, June.
- Moon, Choon-Geol, 1989. "A Monte Carlo Comparison of Semiparametric Tobit Estimators," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(4), pages 361-82, Oct.-Dec..
- Pakes, Ariel & Pollard, David, 1989. "Simulation and the Asymptotics of Optimization Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(5), pages 1027-57, September.
- Powell, James L., 1984. "Least absolute deviations estimation for the censored regression model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 303-325, July.
- Nawata, Kazumitsu, 1990. "Robust estimation based on grouped-adjusted data in censored regression models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 337-362, March.
- Chen, Songnian, 1994. "Semiparametric median estimation of the Type 3 Tobit model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 349-352, April.
- Horowitz, Joel L., 1986. "A distribution-free least squares estimator for censored linear regression models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 59-84, June.
- Chesher, Andrew & Irish, Margaret, 1987. "Residual analysis in the grouped and censored normal linear model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 33-61.
- Fernandez, Luis, 1986. "Non-parametric maximum likelihood estimation of censored regression models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 35-57, June.
- Zhang, Zhengyu & He, Xiaobo, 2012. "Estimation of a heteroscedastic binary choice model with an endogenous dummy regressor," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 753-757.
- Jolliffe, Dean, 2002.
"The Gender Wage Gap in Bulgaria: A Semiparametric Estimation of Discrimination,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 276-295, June.
- Dean Jolliffe, 2001. "The Gender Wage Gap in Bulgaria: A Semiparametric Estimation of Discrimination," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 401, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Qi Li & Jeffrey Scott Racine, 2006. "Nonparametric Econometrics: Theory and Practice," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 8355.
- Chen, Songnian, 2000. "Rank estimation of a location parameter in the binary choice model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 317-334, October.
- Insik Min & Sheng jang Sheu & Zijun Wang, 2003. "A Monte Carlo Comparison of Various Semiparametric Type-3 Tobit Estimators," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 4(1), pages 125-136, May.
- Stacey H. Chen & Shakeeb Khan, 2003. "Nonparametric Estimation of Average Volatility Differentials in Selection Models with an Application to Returns to Schooling," Discussion Papers 03-02, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Mealli, Fabrizia & Pacini, Barbara, 2008. "Comparing principal stratification and selection models in parametric causal inference with nonignorable missingness," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 507-516, December.
- Roberto Rigobon, 2002.
"Contagion: How to Measure It?,"
in: Preventing Currency Crises in Emerging Markets, pages 269-334
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kenneth Y. Chay & James L. Powell, 2001. "Semiparametric Censored Regression Models," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(4), pages 29-42, Fall.
- Wojciech Kopczuk, 2007.
"Bequest and Tax Planning: Evidence from Estate Tax Returns,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 122(4), pages 1801-1854, November.
- Wojciech Kopczuk, 2006. "Bequest and Tax Planning: Evidence From Estate Tax Returns," NBER Working Papers 12701, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blundell, Richard & Powell, James L., 2007. "Censored regression quantiles with endogenous regressors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(1), pages 65-83, November.
- Chen, Songnian & Zhou, Yahong, 2010. "Semiparametric and nonparametric estimation of sample selection models under symmetry," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 157(1), pages 143-150, July.
- Harounan Kaziango, 2004.
"Motives for Household Private Transfers in Burkina Faso,"
895, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Kazianga, H., 2006. "Motives for household private transfers in Burkina Faso," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 73-117, February.
- Lee, Myoung-jae & Vella, Francis, 2006. "A semi-parametric estimator for censored selection models with endogeneity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 130(2), pages 235-252, February.
- Tao Chen & Gautam Tripathi, 2014. "A simple consistent test of conditional symmetry in symmetrically trimmed tobit models," CREA Discussion Paper Series 14-04, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- repec:fth:prinin:435 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Songnian & Khan, Shakeeb, 2000. "Estimating censored regression models in the presence of nonparametric multiplicative heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 283-316, October.
- Gur Huberman & Sheena Iyengar & Wei Jiang, 2007. "Defined Contribution Pension Plans: Determinants of Participation and Contributions Rates," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 1-32, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.