On the relation between GARCH and stable processes
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 48 (1991)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- O. Beelders, 2003. "An investigation of the unconditional distribution of South African stock index returns," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(9), pages 623-633.
- Deo, Rohit S., 2002. "On testing the adequacy of stable processes under conditional heteroscedasticity," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 257-270, March.
- Deo, Rohit S., 2000. "Spectral tests of the martingale hypothesis under conditional heteroscedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 291-315, December.
- Mittnik, Stefan & Paolella, Marc S. & Rachev, Svetlozar T., 2002. "Stationarity of stable power-GARCH processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 97-107, January.
- Parrini, Alessandro, 2012. "Indirect estimation of GARCH models with alpha-stable innovations," MPRA Paper 38544, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yves Dominicy & Hiroaki Ogata & David Veredas, 2013.
"Inference for vast dimensional elliptical distributions,"
Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 1853-1880, August.
- Yves Dominicy & Hiroaki Ogata & David Veredas, 2013. "Inference for vast dimensional elliptical distributions," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/136282, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Deo, Rohit S., 2000. "On estimation and testing goodness of fit for m-dependent stable sequences," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 349-372, December.
- Safarian, Mher, 2013. "On portfolio risk estimation," Working Paper Series in Economics 52, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Department of Economics and Business Engineering.
- Yves Dominicy & David Veredas, 2013.
"The method of simulated quantiles,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/136280, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Huston McCulloch, J. & Panton, Don B., 1997. "Precise tabulation of the maximally-skewed stable distributions and densities," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 307-320, January.
- Greg Hannsgen, 2011. "Infinite-variance, Alpha-stable Shocks in Monetary SVAR: Final Working Paper Version," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_682, Levy Economics Institute, The.
- Tsionas, Efthymios G., 1998. "Monte Carlo inference in econometric models with symmetric stable disturbances," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 365-401, November.
- Tsionas, Mike, 2012. "Simple techniques for likelihood analysis of univariate and multivariate stable distributions: with extensions to multivariate stochastic volatility and dynamic factor models," MPRA Paper 40966, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Aug 2012.
- Joanna Nowicka-Zagrajek & Aleksander Weron, 2001. "Dependence structure of stable R-GARCH processes," HSC Research Reports HSC/01/02, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Mittnik, Stefan & Paolella, Marc S. & Rachev, Svetlozar T., 2000. "Diagnosing and treating the fat tails in financial returns data," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(3-4), pages 389-416, November.
- Garcia, René & Renault, Eric & Veredas, David, 2011.
"Estimation of stable distributions by indirect inference,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 161(2), pages 325-337, April.
- GARCIA, René & RENAULT, Eric & VEREDAS, David, 2006. "Estimation of stable distributions by indirect inference," CORE Discussion Papers 2006112, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Giorgio Calzolari & Roxana Halbleib & Alessandro Parrini, 2012. "Indirect Estimation of α-Stable Garch Models," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2012-31, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Ghose, Devajyoti & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1995. "The relationship between GARCH and symmetric stable processes: Finding the source of fat tails in financial data," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-251, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.