Superlative index numbers: not all of them are super
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 130 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Allen, Robert C & Diewert, W Erwin, 1981. "Direct versus Implicit Superlative Index Number Formulae," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 63(3), pages 430-35, August.
- Manser, Marilyn E & McDonald, Richard J, 1988. "An Analysis of Substitution Bias in Measuring Inflation, 1959-85," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(4), pages 909-30, July.
- Balk, Bert M, 1990. "On Calculating Cost-of-Living Index Numbers for Arbitrary Income Levels," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 75-92, January.
- Diewert, W. E., 1976. "Exact and superlative index numbers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 115-145, May.
- W. Erwin Diewert, 1995. "Axiomatic and Economic Approaches to Elementary Price Indexes," NBER Working Papers 5104, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brent R. Moulton, 1996. "Bias in the Consumer Price Index: What Is the Evidence?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(4), pages 159-177, Fall.
- W. Erwin Diewert, 1980. "Aggregation Problems in the Measurement of Capital," NBER Chapters, in: The Measurement of Capital, pages 433-538 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diewert, W Erwin, 1978. "Superlative Index Numbers and Consistency in Aggregation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(4), pages 883-900, July.
- Marshall Reinsdorf, 1993. "The Effect of Outlet Price Differentials on the U.S. Consumer Price Index," NBER Chapters, in: Price Measurements and Their Uses, pages 227-258 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Noe, Nicholas N & von Furstenberg, George M, 1972. "The Upward Bias in the Consumer Price Index due to Substitution," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(6), pages 1280-86, Nov.-Dec..
- Dana Goldman & Darius Lakdawalla & Yuhui Zheng, 2009. "Food Prices and the Dynamics of Body Weight," NBER Working Papers 15096, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicholas Oulton, 2009.
"How to Measure Living Standards and Productivity,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0949, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Ehemann, Christian, 2007. "Evaluating and adjusting for chain drift in national economic accounts," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 256-273.
- de Haan, Jan & van der Grient, Heymerik A., 2011. "Eliminating chain drift in price indexes based on scanner data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 161(1), pages 36-46, March.
- Diewert, Erwin & Fox, Kevin J. & Ivancic, Lorraine, 2009.
"Scanner Data, Time Aggregation and the Construction of Price Indexes,"
Economics working papers
erwin_diewert-2009-48, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 22 Sep 2009.
- Ivancic, Lorraine & Erwin Diewert, W. & Fox, Kevin J., 2011. "Scanner data, time aggregation and the construction of price indexes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 161(1), pages 24-35, March.
- Lieu, Pang-Tien & Liang, Jung-Hui & Chen, Jui-Hui, 2008. "Consumer preferences and cost of living in Taiwan," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 224-235, June.
- Fattore, Marco, 2010.
"Axiomatic properties of geo-logarithmic price indices,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 156(2), pages 344-353, June.
- Marco Fattore, 2007. "Axiomatic properties of geo-logarithmic price indexes," Working Papers 20071103, Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Dipartimento di Statistica.
- Richard G. Anderson & Barry Jones, 2011. "A comprehensive revision of the U.S. monetary services (divisia) indexes," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 325-360.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.