A global Malmquist productivity index
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 88 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "The Economic Theory of Index Numbers and the Measurement of Input, Output, and Productivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1393-1414, November.
- Ray, Subhash C & Desli, Evangelia, 1997. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress, and Efficiency Change in Industrialized Countries: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(5), pages 1033-39, December.
- Rikard Althin, 2001. "Measurement of Productivity Changes: Two Malmquist Index Approaches," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 107-128, September.
- Mei Xue & Patrick T. Harker, 2002. "Note: Ranking DMUs with Infeasible Super-Efficiency DEA Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(5), pages 705-710, May.
- Tsunehiro Otsuki, 2013. "Nonparametric measurement of the overall shift in the technology frontier: an application to multiple-output agricultural production data in the Brazilian Amazon," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 1455-1475, June.
- Giraleas, Dimitris & Emrouznejad, Ali & Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 2012. "Productivity change using growth accounting and frontier-based approaches – Evidence from a Monte Carlo analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 222(3), pages 673-683.
- Giraleas, Dimitris & Emrouznejad, Ali & Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 2012. "Selecting between different productivity measurement approaches: An application using EU KLEMS data," MPRA Paper 37965, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pastor, Jesús T. & Asmild, Mette & Lovell, C.A. Knox, 2011. "The biennial Malmquist productivity change index," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 10-15, March.
- Mohsen Afsharian & Mohammadreza Alirezaee & Peter Reichling, 2012. "The master Malmquist index measurement using DEA-based weighted average efficiency," International Journal of Data Analysis Techniques and Strategies, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 4(1), pages 21-42.
- Geraldine Henningsen & Arne Henningsen & Sascha T. Schröder & Simon Bolwig, 2014. "The Development of Environmental Productivity: the Case of Danish Energy Plants," IFRO Working Paper 2014/04, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Aparicio, Juan & Pastor, Jesús & Zofío, José Luis, 2013.
"On the inconsistency of the Malmquist-Luenberger index,"
Working Papers in Economic Theory
2013/01, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- Aparicio, Juan & Pastor, Jesus T. & Zofio, Jose L., 2013. "On the inconsistency of the Malmquist–Luenberger index," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 229(3), pages 738-742.
- Dong-hyun Oh, 2010. "A global Malmquist-Luenberger productivity index," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 183-197, December.
- Dong-hyun Oh & Jeong-dong Lee, 2010. "A metafrontier approach for measuring Malmquist productivity index," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 47-64, February.
- Kao, Chiang & Pao, Hwei-Lan, 2012. "Predicting project approvals: A case of grants from the National Science Council of Taiwan," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 89-95, January.
- Kao, Chiang & Hwang, Shiuh-Nan, 2014. "Multi-period efficiency and Malmquist productivity index in two-stage production systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 232(3), pages 512-521.
- Kao, Chiang & Liu, Shiang-Tai, 2014. "Multi-period efficiency measurement in data envelopment analysis: The case of Taiwanese commercial banks," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 90-98.
- Kao, Chiang & Liu, Shiang-Tai, 2014. "Measuring performance improvement of Taiwanese commercial banks under uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 235(3), pages 755-764.
- Giraleas, Dimitris & Emrouznejad, Ali & Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 2011. "Productivity change using growth accounting and frontier-based approaches – Evidence from a Monte Carlo analysis," MPRA Paper 37429, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- M. Portela & A. Camanho & A. Keshvari, 2013. "Assessing the evolution of school performance and value-added: trends over four years," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 1-14, February.
- Portela, Maria C.A.S. & Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 2010. "Malmquist-type indices in the presence of negative data: An application to bank branches," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1472-1483, July.
- Kao, Chiang, 2010. "Malmquist productivity index based on common-weights DEA: The case of Taiwan forests after reorganization," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 484-491, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.