Urban mobility and urban form: the social and environmental costs of different patterns of urban expansion
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 40 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Camagni, Roberto & Capello, Roberta & Nijkamp, Peter, 1998. "Towards sustainable city policy: an economy-environment technology nexus," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 103-118, January.
- Paolo Veneri & David Burgalassi, 2011.
"Questioning Polycentric Development and its Effects. Issues of Definition and Measurement for the Italian NUTS-2 Regions,"
European Planning Studies,
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 20(6), pages 1017-1037, January.
- Veneri, Paolo & Burgalassi, David, 2010. "Questioning polycentric development and its effects: issues of definition and measurement for the Italian NUTS 2 Regions," MPRA Paper 26410, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stéphanie Souche, 2009.
"Un exemple d'estimation de la demande de transport urbain,"
- Stéphanie SOUCHE, 2009. "Un exemple d'estimation de la demande de transport urbain," Revue d'économie régionale et urbaine, Armand Colin, vol. 0(4), pages 759-779.
- Stéphanie Souche, 2010.
"Measuring the structural determinants of urban travel demand,"
- Souche, Stéphanie, 2010. "Measuring the structural determinants of urban travel demand," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 127-134, May.
- Petra Wächter, 2013. "The Impacts of Spatial Planning on Degrowth," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(3), pages 1067-1079, March.
- Thierry Theurillat, 2011.
"La ville négociée : entre financiarisation et durabilité,"
GRET Publications and Working Papers
12-11, GRET Group of Research in Territorial Economy, University of Neuchâtel.
- Thierry Theurillat, 2011. "La ville négociée : entre financiarisation et durabilité," Géographie, économie, société, Lavoisier, vol. 13(3), pages 225-254.
- Israel, Emil & Cohen-Blankshtain, Galit, 2010. "Testing the decentralization effects of rail systems: Empirical findings from Israel," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 523-536, August.
- Firnkorn, Jörg & Müller, Martin, 2011. "What will be the environmental effects of new free-floating car-sharing systems? The case of car2go in Ulm," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(8), pages 1519-1528, June.
- Nuissl, Henning & Rink, Dieter & Steuer, Philipp, 2005. "The consequences of urban sprawl in a context of decline: the case of Leipzig," UFZ Discussion Papers 7/2005, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- Pouyanne, Guillaume, 2010. "Urban form and daily mobility. Methodological aspects and empirical study in the case of Bordeaux," European Transport \ Trasporti Europei, ISTIEE, Institute for the Study of Transport within the European Economic Integration, issue 44, pages 76-95.
- Robbert Zandvliet & Martin Dijst, 2005. "Breaking Down the Daily Use of Places - A Space-Time Typology of Temporary Populations in the Netherlands," ERSA conference papers ersa05p203, European Regional Science Association.
- Brummett, Randall E. & Gockowski, James & Pouomogne, Victor & Muir, James, 2011. "Targeting agricultural research and extension for food security and poverty alleviation: A case study of fish farming in Central Cameroon," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 805-814.
- Guillaume POUYANNE (GREThA-GRES), 2008.
"Economics of discontinuous urban development (In French),"
Cahiers du GRES
2008-06, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Guillaume POUYANNE (GREThA), 2008. "Economics of discontinuous urban development (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2008-07, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Andrea CIRILLI & Paolo VENERI, 2010. "Spatial Structure and CO2 Emissions Due to Commuting: an Analysis on Italian Urban Areas," Working Papers 353, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Lenzen, Manfred & Dey, Christopher & Foran, Barney, 2004. "Energy requirements of Sydney households," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 375-399, July.
- Burgalassi, David, 2010. "Defining and measuring polycentric regions: the case of Tuscany," MPRA Paper 25880, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Garcia-López, Miquel-Àngel, 2010. "Population suburbanization in Barcelona, 1991-2005: Is its spatial structure changing?," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 119-132, June.
- Chiara M. Travisi & Roberto Camagni & Peter Nijkamp, 2006. "Analysis of Environmental Costs of Mobility due to Urban Sprawl - A Modelling Study on Italian Cities," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 06-042/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Muniz, Ivan & Galindo, Anna, 2005. "Urban form and the ecological footprint of commuting. The case of Barcelona," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 499-514, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.