Nonparametric Bayesian estimation of a bivariate density with interval censored data
AbstractMixture of Polya trees nonparametric estimation of a bivariate density is presented for interval censored data. Real and simulated data are analyzed and compared with nonparametric maximum likelihood (NPMLE) and Bayesian G-spline estimates. An advantage of the mixture of Polya trees approach over the NPMLE is the relative ease with which continuous bivariate density and hazard plots are obtained.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Computational Statistics & Data Analysis.
Volume (Year): 52 (2008)
Issue (Month): 12 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hanson, Timothy E., 2006. "Inference for Mixtures of Finite Polya Tree Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 1548-1565, December.
- Lo, Shaw-Hwa & Wang, Jane-Ling, 1989. "I.i.d. representations for the bivariate product limit estimators and the bootstrap versions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 211-226, February.
- Berger J. O & Guglielmi A., 2001. "Bayesian and Conditional Frequentist Testing of a Parametric Model Versus Nonparametric Alternatives," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 174-184, March.
- Lambert, Philippe, 2011. "Smooth semiparametric and nonparametric Bayesian estimation of bivariate densities from bivariate histogram data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 429-445, January.
- Argiento, Raffaele & Guglielmi, Alessandra & Pievatolo, Antonio, 2010. "Bayesian density estimation and model selection using nonparametric hierarchical mixtures," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 816-832, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.