Additions to corporate boards: the effect of gender
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Corporate Finance.
Volume (Year): 11 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1-2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcorpfin
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rosenstein, Stuart & Wyatt, Jeffrey G., 1990. "Outside directors, board independence, and shareholder wealth," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 175-191, August.
- Marianne Bertrand & Kevin F. Hallock, 2000.
"The Gender Gap in Top Corporate Jobs,"
NBER Working Papers
7931, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baysinger, Barry D & Zardkoohi, Asghar, 1986. "Technology, Residual Claimants, and Corporate Control," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(2), pages 339-49, Fall.
- Klein, April, 1998. "Firm Performance and Board Committee Structure," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(1), pages 275-303, April.
- Niclas L. Erhardt & James D. Werbel & Charles B. Shrader, 2003. "Board of Director Diversity and Firm Financial Performance," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(2), pages 102-111, 04.
- Preece, Dianna C. & Filbeck, Greg, 1999. "Family friendly firms: does it pay to care?," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 47-60.
- Farrell, Kathleen A & Whidbee, David A, 2000. "The Consequences of Forced CEO Succession for Outside Directors," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73(4), pages 597-627, October.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin & Michael S. Weisbach, 1991.
"The Effects of Board Composition and Direct Incentives on Firm Performance,"
Financial Management Association, vol. 20(4), Winter.
- Hermalin, B.E. & Weisbech, M.S., 1991. "The Effects of Board Composition and Direct Incentives on Firm Performance," Papers 91-02, Rochester, Business - Financial Research and Policy Studies.
- Brickley, James A. & Coles, Jeffrey L. & Terry, Rory L., 1994. "Outside directors and the adoption of poison pills," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 371-390, June.
- Jianakoplos, Nancy Ammon & Bernasek, Alexandra, 1998. "Are Women More Risk Averse?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 36(4), pages 620-30, October.
- Agrawal, Anup & Knoeber, Charles R, 2001. "Do Some Outside Directors Play a Political Role?," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(1), pages 179-98, April.
- David A. Carter & Betty J. Simkins & W. Gary Simpson, 2003. "Corporate Governance, Board Diversity, and Firm Value," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 38(1), pages 33-53, 02.
- Kevin Campbell & Antonio Minguez Vera, 2010. "Female board appointments and firm valuation: short and long-term effects," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 37-59, February.
- Linck, James S. & Netter, Jeffry M. & Yang, Tina, 2008. "The determinants of board structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 308-328, February.
- Fitzsimmons, Stacey R., 2012. "Women on boards of directors: Why skirts in seats aren’t enough," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 55(6), pages 557-566.
- Antonio Mínguez Vera & Kevin Campbell, 2007. "The Influence Of Gender On Spanish Boards Of Directors: An Empirical Analysis," Working Papers. Serie EC 2007-08, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Raluca-Georgiana Moscu, 2013. "The Impact of Gender and Age Diversity on Company Performance," Knowledge Horizons - Economics, Faculty of Finance, Banking and Accountancy Bucharest,"Dimitrie Cantemir" Christian University Bucharest, vol. 5(4), pages 215-219, December.
- Jingwen Ge, 2013. "Gender issues of financial analysts," Post-Print dumas-00934606, HAL.
- Tukur Garba PhD & Bilkisu Aliyu Abubakar, 2014. "Corporate Board Diversity and Financial Performance of Insurance Companies in Nigeria: An Application of Panel Data Approach," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(2), pages 257-277, February.
- Rey Dang & Anne-FranÃ§oise Bender & Marie-JosÃ© Scotto, 2014. "Women on French Corporate Board of Directors- How Do They Differ from their Male Counterparts?," Working Papers 201413, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Kevin Campbell & Antonio Mínguez-Vera, 2008. "Gender Diversity in the Boardroom and Firm Financial Performance," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 83(3), pages 435-451, December.
- Jyoti Mahadeo & Teerooven Soobaroyen & Vanisha Hanuman, 2012. "Board Composition and Financial Performance: Uncovering the Effects of Diversity in an Emerging Economy," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 105(3), pages 375-388, February.
- Adams, Renee & Hermalin, Benjamin E. & Weisbach, Michael S., 2009.
"The Role of Boards of Directors in Corporate Governance: A Conceptual Framework and Survey,"
Working Paper Series
2008-21, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Renee B. Adams & Benjamin E. Hermalin & Michael S. Weisbach, 2010. "The Role of Boards of Directors in Corporate Governance: A Conceptual Framework and Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 48(1), pages 58-107, March.
- Renée Adams & Benjamin E. Hermalin & Michael S. Weisbach, 2008. "The Role of Boards of Directors in Corporate Governance: A Conceptual Framework and Survey," NBER Working Papers 14486, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Emilia Peni & Sami Vähämaa, 2010. "Female executives and earnings management," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(7), pages 629-645, July.
- Sergey Solntsev, 2013. "Senior management labor market: from economic growth to crisis. The case of Russia," HSE Working papers WP BRP 10/MAN/2013, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Sharad Asthana & Steven Balsam, 2010. "The impact of changes in firm performance and risk on director turnover," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 9(3), pages 244-263, August.
- Pathan, Shams & Faff, Robert, 2013. "Does board structure in banks really affect their performance?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1573-1589.
- Adams, Renée B. & Ferreira, Daniel, 2009. "Women in the boardroom and their impact on governance and performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 291-309, November.
- Berger, Allen N. & Kick, Thomas & Schaeck, Klaus, 2012.
"Executive board composition and bank risk taking,"
03/2012, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Noor Afza Amran, 2011. "The Effect Of Owner’S Gender And Age To Firm Performance: A Review On Malaysian Public Listed Family Businesses," Journal of Global Business and Economics, Global Research Agency, vol. 2(1), pages 104-116, January.
- Kang, Eugene & Ding, David K. & Charoenwong, Charlie, 2010. "Investor reaction to women directors," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(8), pages 888-894, August.
- Hanen Koubaa Ben Ayed- & Sarah Saint Michel, 2012. "Diversité En Termes De Genre Et De Statut Professionnel Au Sein Des Organes De Direction Et Gouvernance Des Entreprises," Post-Print hal-00937920, HAL.
- Cheng, Louis T.W. & Chan, Ricky Y.K. & Leung, T.Y., 2010. "Management demography and corporate performance: Evidence from China," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 261-275, June.
- Ertimur, Yonca & Ferri, Fabrizio & Maber, David A., 2012. "Reputation penalties for poor monitoring of executive pay: Evidence from option backdating," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 118-144.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.