Organizational identity change: managerial regulation and member identification in an accounting firm acquisition
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Accounting, Organizations and Society.
Volume (Year): 29 (2004)
Issue (Month): 8 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mats Alvesson, 2002. "Identity Regulation as Organizational Control: Producing the Appropriate Individual," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(5), pages 619-644, 07.
- Power, Michael K., 1991. "Educating accountants: Towards a critical ethnography," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 333-353.
- Pentland, Brian T., 1993. "Getting comfortable with the numbers: Auditing and the micro-production of macro-order," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 18(7-8), pages 605-620.
- Grey, C., 1998. "On being a professional in a "Big Six" firm," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 23(5-6), pages 569-587.
- Dirsmith, Mark W. & Haskins, Mark E., 1991. "Inherent risk assessment and audit firm technology: A contrast in world theories," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 61-90.
- Anderson-Gough, Fiona & Grey, Christopher & Robson, Keith, 2001. "Tests of time: organizational time-reckoning and the making of accountants in two multi-national accounting firms," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 99-122, March.
- Pezé, Stéphan, 2012. "Controlling Managers ‘Becoming’: The Practices of Identity Regulation," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/10084, Paris Dauphine University.
- Edwards, John Richard & Walker, Stephen P., 2010. "Lifestyle, status and occupational differentiation in Victorian accountancy," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 2-22, January.
- Pezé, Stéphan, 2012. "How do organizations control managers ongoing identity? A study of micro-practices of identity regulation," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/10083, Paris Dauphine University.
- Daniel Hogele & Sascha L. Schmidt & Benno Torgler, 2012.
"The Influence of Superstars on Organizational Identification of External Stakeholders: Empirical Findings from Professional Soccer,"
School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series
294, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Daniel HÃ¶gele & Sascha L. Schmidt & Benno Torgler, 2012. "The Influence of Superstars on Organizational Identification of External Stakeholders: Empirical Findings from Professional Soccer," CREMA Working Paper Series 2012-18, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Stéphan Pezé, 2013. "Controlling managers' 'becoming': the practice of identity regulation," Post-Print hal-00849533, HAL.
- Claire France Picard & Sylvain Durocher & Yves Gendron, 2013. "From Meticulous Professionals To Superheroes Of The Business World: A Historical Portrait Of A Cultural Change In The Field Of Accountancy," Post-Print hal-00993019, HAL.
- Sébastien Gand & Jean-Claude Sardas & Annika Schilling, & Andreas Werr,, 2009. "Professional identities at stake in strategic change - on the formation of professional selves in changing PSFs," Post-Print hal-00818098, HAL.
- Reus, Taco H., 2012. "Culture's consequences for emotional attending during cross-border acquisition implementation," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 342-351.
- Gendron, Yves & Spira, Laura F., 2010. "Identity narratives under threat: A study of former members of Arthur Andersen," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 275-300, April.
- Mennicken, Andrea, 2010. "From inspection to auditing: Audit and markets as linked ecologies," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 334-359, April.
- Skærbæk, Peter, 2009. "Public sector auditor identities in making efficiency auditable: The National Audit Office of Denmark as independent auditor and modernizer," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 971-987, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.