Identity Regulation as Organizational Control: Producing the Appropriate Individual
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Journal of Management Studies.
Volume (Year): 39 (2002)
Issue (Month): 5 (07)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2380
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ner:dauphi:urn:hdl:123456789/6644 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jérémy Morales, 2012. "Le projet professionnel des contrôleurs de gestion : analyser des données pour aider les managers à prendre des décisions rationnelles," Post-Print hal-00690934, HAL.
- Harris, Lloyd C. & Ogbonna, Emmanuel, 2011. "Antecedents and consequences of management-espoused organizational cultural control," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(5), pages 437-445, May.
- Zanoni, Patrizia & Janssens, Maddy, 2005. "Engaging with (diversity) management: An analysis of minority employees' agency," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/122261, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Welch, Denice E. & Welch, Lawrence S., 2006. "Commitment for hire? The viability of corporate culture as a MNC control mechanism," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 14-28, February.
- repec:ner:dauphi:urn:hdl:123456789/10084 is not listed on IDEAS
- Niki A. Nieuwenboer & Muel Kaptein, 2008. "Spiraling Down into Corruption: A Dynamic Analysis of the Social Identity Processes that Cause Corruption in Organizations to Grow," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 83(2), pages 133-146, December.
- Robert MacIntosh & Nic Beech, 2011. "Strategy, strategists and fantasy: a dialogic constructionist perspective," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(1), pages 15-37, January.
- repec:ner:dauphi:urn:hdl:123456789/10083 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hanne Nørreklit, 2011. "The art of managing individuality," Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 8(3), pages 265-291, September.
- Gun Abrahamsson & Hans Englund & Jonas Gerdin, 2011. "Organizational identity and management accounting change," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(3), pages 345-376, April.
- Gendron, Yves & Spira, Laura F., 2010. "Identity narratives under threat: A study of former members of Arthur Andersen," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 275-300, April.
- Lazanyi, Kornelia, 2011. "Organizational Consequences Of Emotional Labour In Mangenent," APSTRACT: Applied Studies in Agribusiness and Commerce, AGRIMBA, vol. 5.
- Eveline Bruijn & Gail Whiteman, 2010. "That Which Doesn’t Break Us: Identity Work by Local Indigenous ‘Stakeholders’," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 96(3), pages 479-495, October.
- Janne Järvinen, 2009. "Shifting NPM agendas and management accountants' occupational identities," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(8), pages 1187-1210, November.
- Stéphan Pezé, 2011. "Becoming oneself through trials: a framework for identity work research," Post-Print hal-00608893, HAL.
- Faruk Merali, 2010. "Does the explicit recognition of the commitment and contribution of staff within an organisation's CSR strategy matter?," Social Responsibility Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 6(4), pages 492-509, November.
- Bernadette Loacker & Sara Muhr, 2009. "How Can I Become a Responsible Subject? Towards a Practice-Based Ethics of Responsiveness," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 90(2), pages 265-277, December.
- Stéphan Pezé, 2013. "Controlling managers' 'becoming': the practice of identity regulation," Post-Print hal-00849533, HAL.
- Empson, Laura, 2004. "Organizational identity change: managerial regulation and member identification in an accounting firm acquisition," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 759-781, November.
- Joe O’Mahoney, 2011. "Advisory Anxieties: Ethical Individualisation in the UK Consulting Industry," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 104(1), pages 101-113, November.
- Annick Bourguignon & Olivier Saulpic & Philippe Zarlowski, 2009. "When The Enterprise Culture Meets Identities: A Case Study," Post-Print halshs-00459629, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.