Educating accountants: Towards a critical ethnography
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Accounting, Organizations and Society.
Volume (Year): 16 (1991)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Radcliffe, Vaughan S., 1999. "Knowing efficiency: the enactment of efficiency in efficiency auditing," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 333-362, May.
- Nandhakumar, Joe & Jones, Matthew, 2001. "Accounting for time: managing time in project-based teamworking," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 193-214, April.
- Annisette, Marcia & Trivedi, Viswanath Umashanker, 2013. "Globalization, paradox and the (un)making of identities: Immigrant Chartered Accountants of India in Canada," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 1-29.
- Empson, Laura, 2004. "Organizational identity change: managerial regulation and member identification in an accounting firm acquisition," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 759-781, November.
- Carol A. Adams & Carlos Larrinaga-González, 2007. "Engaging with organisations in pursuit of improved sustainability accounting and performance," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(3), pages 333-355, April.
- Abdul Rahim Abdul Rahman, 2003. "Ethics In Accounting Education: Contribution Of The Islamic Principle Of Maslahah," IIUM Journal of Economics and Management, IIUM Journal of Economis and Management, vol. 11(1), pages 21-50, June.
- Jane Baxter & Wai Fong Chua, 2008. "The field researcher as author-writer," Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 5(2), pages 101-121, July.
- Jonsson, Sten & Macintosh, Norman B., 1997. "CATS, RATS, AND EARS: Making the case for ethnographic accounting research," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(3-4), pages 367-386.
- Power, Michael, 1996. "Making things auditable," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 21(2-3), pages 289-315.
- Willmott, Hugh & Sikka, Prem, 1997. "On the commercialization of accountancy thesis: A review essay," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(8), pages 831-842, November.
- Ahrens, Thomas & Chapman, Christopher S., 2006. "Doing qualitative field research in management accounting: Positioning data to contribute to theory," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 819-841, November.
- Bala Balachandran, 2007. "Imperialismo occidental y contabilidad en Oriente: La historia del Instituto de contadores de gestión autorizados de Sri Lanka," REVISTA FACULTAD DE CIENCIAS ECONÓMICAS, UNIVERSIDAD MILITAR NUEVA GRANADA.
- Carlos, RAMIREZ, 2005. "Making things visible : audit quality control in the UK and the definition of the professional order," Les Cahiers de Recherche 812, HEC Paris.
- Colin Dey, 2007. "Social accounting at Traidcraft plc: A struggle for the meaning of fair trade," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(3), pages 423-445, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.