Management control systems in research and development organizations: The role of accounting, behavior and personnel controls
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Accounting, Organizations and Society.
Volume (Year): 22 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3-4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brownell, Peter & Dunk, Alan S., 1991. "Task uncertainty and its interaction with budgetary participation and budget emphasis: Some methodological issues and empirical investigation," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 16(8), pages 693-703.
- Abernethy, Margaret A. & Stoelwinder, Johannes U., 1995. "The role of professional control in the management of complex organizations," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Lee Cronbach, 1951. "Coefficient alpha and the internal structure of tests," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 297-334, September.
- William G. Ouchi, 1979. "A Conceptual Framework for the Design of Organizational Control Mechanisms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(9), pages 833-848, September.
- Rockness, Howard O. & Shields, Michael D., 1984. "Organizational control systems in research and development," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 165-177, June.
- McInnes, Morris & Ramakrishnan, Ram T. S., 1991. "A decision-theory model of motivation and its usefulness in the diagnosis of management control systems," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 167-184.
- Widener, Sally K., 2004. "An empirical investigation of the relation between the use of strategic human capital and the design of the management control system," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 29(3-4), pages 377-399.
- Bisbe, Josep & Otley, David, 2004. "The effects of the interactive use of management control systems on product innovation," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 709-737, November.
- Gerdin, Jonas & Greve, Jan, 2008. "The appropriateness of statistical methods for testing contingency hypotheses in management accounting research," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(7-8), pages 995-1009.
- Charles Kabwigiri & Didier Van Caillie, 2007. "Le Design Des Systèmes De Contrôle De Gestion Adoptés Au Sein Des Spinoffs Académiques De Haute Technologie : Le Rôle De L'Incertitude Perçue Par Les Managers," Post-Print halshs-00543204, HAL.
- Davila, Antonio & Foster, George & Li, Mu, 2009. "Reasons for management control systems adoption: Insights from product development systems choice by early-stage entrepreneurial companies," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(3-4), pages 322-347, April.
- Chenhall, Robert H., 2003. "Management control systems design within its organizational context: findings from contingency-based research and directions for the future," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 127-168.
- Florence Gangloff, 2009. "Le Nouveau Management Public Et La Bureaucratie Professionnelle," Post-Print halshs-00460638, HAL.
- Bisbe, Josep & Batista-Foguet, Joan-Manuel & Chenhall, Robert, 2007. "Defining management accounting constructs: A methodological note on the risks of conceptual misspecification," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(7-8), pages 789-820.
- Williams, Christopher & van Triest, Sander, 2009. "The impact of corporate and national cultures on decentralization in multinational corporations," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 156-167, April.
- Jørgensen, Brian & Messner, Martin, 2010. "Accounting and strategising: A case study from new product development," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 184-204, February.
- Ditillo, Angelo, 2004. "Dealing with uncertainty in knowledge-intensive firms: the role of management control systems as knowledge integration mechanisms," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 29(3-4), pages 401-421.
- Jérôme Lartigau & Thierry Nobre, 2011. "Une nouvelle grille d'analyse pour le contrôle de gestion hospitalier : le contrôle intégré de Simons," Post-Print hal-00650543, HAL.
- Van der Stede, Wim A. & Young, S. Mark & Chen, Clara Xiaoling, 2005. "Assessing the quality of evidence in empirical management accounting research: The case of survey studies," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 30(7-8), pages 655-684.
- Adler, Paul S. & Chen, Clara Xiaoling, 2011. "Combining creativity and control: Understanding individual motivation in large-scale collaborative creativity," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 63-85, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.