Semiparametric efficiency bounds in dynamic non-linear systems under elliptical symmetry
AbstractWe analyze semiparametric efficient estimation of non-linear simultaneous equation models in a time series context and derive a semiparametric efficiency bound for estimation of the parameters when the errors are i.i.d. from an unknown elliptically symmetric density. We derive the bound in the case of errors that are elliptically symmetric conditional on predetermined variables. Copyright Royal Economic Society 2007
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Royal Economic Society in its journal Econometrics Journal.
Volume (Year): 10 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (03)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Office of the Secretary-General, School of Economics and Finance, University of St. Andrews, St. Andrews, Fife, KY16 9AL, UK
Phone: +44 1334 462479
Web page: http://www.res.org.uk/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bryan W. Brown; Douglas J. Hodgson, 2004. "Models of foreign exchange intervention: Estimation and testing," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 96, Econometric Society.
- Hodgson, Douglas J & Vorkink, Keith P, 2003.
"Efficient Estimation of Conditional Asset-Pricing Models,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 21(2), pages 269-83, April.
- Douglas J. Hodgson & Keith Vorkink, 2001. "Efficient Estimation of Conditional Asset Pricing Models," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers 144, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Vitali Alexeev & Alex Maynard, 2010.
"Localized Level Crossing Random Walk Test Robust to the Presence of Structural Breaks,"
1001, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Alexeev, Vitali & Maynard, Alex, 2012. "Localized level crossing random walk test robust to the presence of structural breaks," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(11), pages 3322-3344.
- Jeon, Byung M. & Brown, Bryan, 2001. "Efficient Semiparametric Estimation of Expectations in Dynamic Nonlinear Systems," Working Papers 2001-09, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Joseph Ngatchou-Wandji & Michel Harel, 2013. "A Cramér-von Mises test for symmetry of the error distribution in asymptotically stationary stochastic models," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 207-236, October.
- Douglas James Hodgson, 2009. "A Test for the Presence of Central Bank Intervention in the Foreign Exchange Market With an Application to the Bank of Canada," CIRANO Working Papers 2009s-14, CIRANO.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.