On the Dual Stability of a von Neumann Facet and the Inefficacy of Temporary Fiscal Policy
AbstractThis study establishes two main results in a dynamic general equilibrium model. The first is to demonstrate the dual Liapounov stability of a von Neumann facet without the restrictive assumptions on the structure of underlying technologies adopted commonly in the optimal growth literature. The second is to demonstrate that a temporary change in fiscal policy has almost no effect on present and future consumption. While such a result has been discussed in the context of permanent income hypothesis, in this study it is proved in the dynamic general equilibrium framework under a set of basic assumptions of general equilibrium theory.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Econometric Society in its journal Econometrica.
Volume (Year): 66 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jensen, Martin Kaae, 2006. "On unbounded growth with heterogenous consumers," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(7-8), pages 807-826, November.
- Christian Ghiglino & Mich Tvede, 1999.
"Optimal Policy in OG Models,"
99-23, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Kazuo Nishimura & Alain Venditti & Makoto Yano, 2014.
"Destabilization effect of international trade in a perfect foresight dynamic general equilibrium model,"
Springer, vol. 55(2), pages 357-392, February.
- Kazuo Nishimura & Alain Venditti & Makoto Yano, 2013. "Destabilization Effect of International Trade in a Perfect Foresight Dynamic General Equilibrium Model," Working Papers halshs-00796692, HAL.
- Kazuo Nishimura & Alain Venditti & Makoto Yano, 2013. "Destabilization Effect of International Trade in a Perfect Foresight Dynamic General Equilibrium Model," AMSE Working Papers 1313, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France, revised Feb 2013.
- Dai, Darong, 2011.
"Modeling the minimum time needed to economic maturity,"
40386, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 31 Jul 2012.
- Darong Dai, 2013. "Modeling The Minimum Time Needed To Economic Maturity," Economic Research Guardian, Weissberg Publishing, vol. 3(1), pages 2-21, June.
- Dai, Darong, 2011. "Modeling the minimum time needed to economic maturity," MPRA Paper 40583, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Aug 2012.
- Dai, Darong, 2012. "A Robust Turnpike Deduced by Economic Maturity," MPRA Paper 48818, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cuong Le Van & Lisa Morhaim, 2006.
"On optimal growth models when the discount factor is near 1 or equal to 1,"
International Journal of Economic Theory,
The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 2(1), pages 55-76.
- Cuong Le Van & Lisa Morhaim, 2006. "On optimal growth models when the discount factor is near 1 or equal to 1," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00096034, HAL.
- Christian Ghiglino & Marielle Olszak-Duquenne, 2002. "The impact of heterogeneity on indeterminacy," Diskussionsschriften dp0213, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Dai, Darong, 2011.
"Wealth Martingale and Neighborhood Turnpike Property in Dynamically Complete Market with Heterogeneous Investors,"
46416, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Darong Dai, 2013. "Wealth Martingale and Neighborhood Turnpike Property In Dynamically Complete Market With Heterogeneous Investors," Economic Research Guardian, Weissberg Publishing, vol. 3(2), pages 86-110, December.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00096034 is not listed on IDEAS
- Darong Dai, 2012. "Stochastic Versions of Turnpike Theorems in the Sense of Uniform Topology," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 13(2), pages 381-423, November.
- Jensen, Martin Kaae, 2012. "Global stability and the “turnpike” in optimal unbounded growth models," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 147(2), pages 802-832.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.