Was agricultural protection reduced after the Uruguay Round?: Evidence from East Asia
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to empirically investigate how agricultural protection has been reduced before/after the implementation of the Uruguay Round Agreement on 1995 in East Asian countries. Our empirical results show that the reduction on agricultural protection in the second half of the 1990s is not outstanding, compared with that in the first half of the 1990s. This result implies that the UR Agreement does not substantially succeed in reducing the protection for agricultural trade in East Asia.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by AccessEcon in its journal Economics Bulletin.
Volume (Year): 14 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- N5 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries
- Q1 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1996. "Intra-National versus International Trade: How Stubborn are Nations in Global Integration?," NBER Working Papers 5531, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Masayoshi Homna & Ray Trewin & Yiping Huan & Malcolm Bosworth & Leanne Holmes & Randy Stringer & Yoshihisa Godo, 2000. "Some Key Issues for the East Asian Food Sector," Asia Pacific Economic Papers, Australia-Japan Research Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University 305, Australia-Japan Research Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Kazunobu Hayakawa, 2007. "Measuring Barriers to International Division of Labor in East Asia ," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 21(2), pages 139-153, 06.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.