Production By Sector In The European Union: Analysis Of France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Poland And The United Kingdom, 2000-2005
AbstractWe analyze the evolution of sectoral production per inhabitant in EU countries during the period 2000-2005 with special focus in the 6 more populated countries, but although with reference to other European countries. The main aim of the study is to analyze the evolution of industrial development in this period, and to estimate the inter-sectoral effects of industrial real-valued-added on services and other sectors. Besides we present some econometric models and focus in the main causes that explain the lower levels of industrial real value-added per inhabitant in Spain and Poland, in comparison with the other major economies of the European Union, having into account human capital, social capital and other factors that explain the evolution of industry by the demand and supply sides.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Euro-American Association of Economic Development in its journal Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies.
Volume (Year): 7 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- L6 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing
- L7 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction
- L8 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aguayo, Eva & Guisan, Maria-Carmen, 2004. "Employment and Population in European Union: Econometric Models and Causality Tests," Economic Development 80, University of Santiago de Compostela. Faculty of Economics and Business. Econometrics..
- Guisan, M.Carmen & Cancelo, M.Teresa, 2006. "Indicadores de producción científica en Economía, Ciencia y Tecnología: Análisis Comparativo de España y Europa, 2001-2006," Estudios Economicos de Desarrollo Internacional, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 6(2).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.