The German Socio-Economic Panel (GSOEP) after More than 15 Years: Overview
AbstractThe German Socio-Economic Panel (GSOEP) is an interdisciplinary longitudinal study of private households for the representative analysis and interpretation of social and economic behavior in the Federal Republic of Germany. As a longitudinal survey, the GSOEP primarily aims to collect information on stability and changes over time at the micro level of individuals, households and families. Because the survey period is sufficiently long, due to the design of the GSOEP, the data can also be used for analyzing intergenerational relationships. The GSOEP is an element of the statistical infrastructure born by the scientific community in compliance with international standards.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research in its journal Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung.
Volume (Year): 70 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gert G. Wagner & Jürgen Schupp & Ulrich Rendtel, 1991. "Das Sozio-ökonomische Panel - Methoden der Datenproduktion und Aufarbeitung im Längsschnitt," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 31, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Jürgen Schupp ; Gert Wagner, 1990. "Die DDR-Stichprobe des Sozio-ökonomischen Panels (SOEP): Konzept und Durchführung der "Basiserhebung 1990" in der DDR," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 15, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Jürgen Schupp & Gert G. Wagner, 1995. "Die Zuwanderer-Stichprobe des Sozio-oekonomischen Panels (SOEP)," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 64(1), pages 16-25.
- Joachim R. Frick & Ulrich Rendtel & Gert G. Wagner, 1993. "Eine Strategie zur Kontrolle von Längsschnittgewichtungen am Beispiel des Sozio-ökonomischen Panels (SOEP)," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 80, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Martin Spiess & Ulrich Rendtel, 2000. "Combining an Ongoing Panel with a New Cross-Sectional Sample," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 198, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.