Les facteurs de changement des dirigeants:une étude empirique sur le NASDAQ
Abstract(VF)Résumé : Cette étude analyse la relation présumée entre certaines caractéristiques d’entreprises de la nouvelle économie et de leur PDG et la proba-bilité de leur remplacement lors d’une chute de performance. Sur un échantillon de 100 entreprises du NASDAQ ayant subi une chute boursière entre mars 2000 et janvier 2003, nous mettons en évidence 55 cas de changements de PDG. Ceux-ci sont associés à la durée des fonctions du PDG, la proportion d’investisseurs institutionnels, la taille et le cumul de fonctions. (VA) This study examines the hypothesized relationship between certain characteristics of new econ-omy firms and their CEO and the decision to replace the latter following a performance decline. A sample of one hundred companies listed on the NASDAQ and showing a decline in their stock price during the bear market period from March 2000 to January 2003 brings out 55 CEO changes. The replacement decision is associated with the time a position is held, the proportion of institutional investors, the size of the firm and the number of mandates.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by revues.org in its journal Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie.
Volume (Year): 7 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.revues.org/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- G39 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Other
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Denis, David J & Denis, Diane K, 1995. " Performance Changes Following Top Management Dismissals," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-57, September.
- Cui, Huimin & Mak, Y. T., 2002. "The relationship between managerial ownership and firm performance in high R&D firms," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 313-336, October.
- Lausten, M., 1998. "CEO Turnover, Firm Performance and Corporate Governance," Papers 98-10, Aarhus School of Business - Department of Economics.
- Fosberg, Richard H. & Nelson, Michael R., 1999. "Leadership structure and firm performance," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 83-96.
- Goyal, Vidhan K. & Park, Chul W., 2002. "Board leadership structure and CEO turnover," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 49-66, January.
- McConaughy, Daniel L. & Walker, Michael C. & Henderson, Glenn Jr. & Mishra, Chandra S., 1998. "Founding family controlled firms: Efficiency and value," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 1-19.
- James Ang & Beni Lauterbach & Joseph Vu, 2003. "Efficient Labor and Capital Markets: Evidence from CEO Appointments," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 32(2), Summer.
- Yves Mard & Sylvain Marsat, 2008. "Les stratégies comptables précédant un changement de dirigeant en France," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 11(4), pages 111-136, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gérard Charreaux).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.