A Note on the Suboptimality of Dollar-Cost Averaging as an Investment Policy
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
Volume (Year): 14 (1979)
Issue (Month): 02 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQProvider-Email:email@example.com
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dirk Ulbricht, 2013. "Stock Investments for Old-Age: Less Return, More Risk, and Unexpected Timing," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1324, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Jezek, M., 2009. "Passive Investors, Active Traders and Strategic Delegation of Price Discovery," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0951, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Langer, Thomas & Nauhauser, Niels, 2002. "Zur Bedeutung von Cost-Average-Effekten bei Einzahlungsplänen und Portefeuilleumschichtungen," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 02-50, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim & Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Ramon P. DeGennaro, 2003. "Direct investments in securities: A primer," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q1, pages 1-14.
- Leggio, Karyl B. & Lien, Donald, 2001. "Does loss aversion explain dollar-cost averaging?," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-4), pages 117-127.
- Brennan, Michael J & Li, Feifei & Torous, Walt, 2005. "Dollar Cost Averaging," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt53p0r65q, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Malliaris, A.G. & Malliaris, Mary E., 2008. "Investment principles for individual retirement accounts," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 393-404, March.
- Vora, Premal P. & McGinnis, John D., 2000. "The asset allocation decision in retirement: lessons from dollar-cost averaging," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 47-63, 00.
- Karyl Leggio & Donald Lien, 2003. "An empirical examination of the effectiveness of dollar-cost averaging using downside risk performance measures," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 211-223, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.