Admissible And Nonadmissible Tests In Unit-Root-Like Situations
AbstractThis paper investigates the asymptotic behavior of tests in situations where the likelihood is locally asymptotically quadratic. Necessary and sufficient conditions are given for a test to be admissible. Even without these restrictive parametric assumptions, it is shown that certain common procedures such as the augmented Dickey Fuller test in cases where no deterministic trend is present or standard tests for restrictions on cointegrating relationships are asymptotically inadmissible. These results confirm the existence of tests that dominate these classical tests for all parameters.I express my gratitude to the editors, H. L tkepohl and especially Peter C.B. Phillips, for their help, which enormously exceeded the usual amount of support. Also I thank the referees for their helpful comments. Their contribution greatly improved the paper. All remaining errors are mine.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Econometric Theory.
Volume (Year): 24 (2008)
Issue (Month): 01 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECTProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Other versions of this item:
- Werner Ploberger, 2004. "Admissible and Nonadmissible Test in Unit-Root-like Situations," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 555, Econometric Society.
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hallin, Marc & van den Akker, Ramon & Werker, Bas J.M., 2011.
"A class of simple distribution-free rank-based unit root tests,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 163(2), pages 200-214, August.
- Marc Hallin & Ramon van den Akker & Bas J.M. Werker, 2011. "A class of simple distribution-free rank-based unit root tests," Post-Print peer-00834424, HAL.
- Marc Hallin & Ramon van den Akker & Bas Werker, 2009. "A class of Simple Semiparametrically Efficient Rank-Based Unit Root Tests," Working Papers ECARES 2009_001, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.