Further Results On The Asymptotics For Nonlinear Transformations Of Integrated Time Series
AbstractThis paper establishes various results involving functions of integrated processes. Two theorems which improve similar results by Park and Phillips are proved for averages of functions of an integrated process that has not been rescaled by the square root of sample size. In addition, two results are given that characterize asymptotic behavior of averages of nonintegrable functions of rescaled integrated processes; the observations close to the pole take over asymptotic behavior in that case. Throughout, we make the assumption that the innovations of the integrated process are a linear process.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Econometric Theory.
Volume (Year): 21 (2005)
Issue (Month): 02 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECTProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kasparis, Ioannis, 2010. "The Bierens test for certain nonstationary models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 158(2), pages 221-230, October.
- Yoon, Gawon, 2005. "Long-memory property of nonlinear transformations of break processes," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 373-377, June.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 2008.
"Local Limit Theory and Spurious Nonparametric Regression,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1654, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Phillips, Peter C.B., 2009. "Local Limit Theory And Spurious Nonparametric Regression," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(06), pages 1466-1497, December.
- Qiying Wang & Peter C.B. Phillips, 2011. "Specification Testing for Nonlinear Cointegrating Regression," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1779, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Feb 2011.
- Hanck, Christoph & Demetrescu, Matei & Tarcolea, Adina, 2012. "IV-Based Cointegration Testing in Dependent Panels with Time-Varying Variance," Annual Conference 2012 (Goettingen): New Approaches and Challenges for the Labor Market of the 21st Century 62072, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Vanessa Berenguer Rico & Jesus Gonzalo, 2011. "Summability of stochastic processes: a generalization of integration and co-integration valid for non-linear processes," Economics Working Papers we1115, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Lee, Jungick & de Jong, Robert M., 2008. "Exponential functionals of integrated processes," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 181-184, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.