On Phillips Perron-Type Tests For Seasonal Unit Roots
AbstractIn this paper we consider a semiparametric version of the test for seasonal unit roots suggested by Hylleberg, Engle, Granger, and Yoo (1990, Journal of Econometrics 44, 215 238). The asymptotic theory is based on the analysis of a simple regression problem, and the results apply to tests at any given frequency in the range (0, . Monte Carlo simulations suggest that the test may have more power than the parametric test of Hylleberg et al. (1990). On the other hand, the semiparametric version suffers from severe size distortions in some situations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Econometric Theory.
Volume (Year): 14 (1998)
Issue (Month): 02 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECTProvider-Email:email@example.com
Other versions of this item:
- J. Breitung & P. H. Franses, 1996. "On Phillips-Perron Type Tests for Seasonal Unit Roots," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1996,27, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Haldrup, Niels & Montanes, Antonio & Sanso, Andreu, 2005.
"Measurement errors and outliers in seasonal unit root testing,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 127(1), pages 103-128, July.
- Haldrup, Niels Prof. & Montanes, Antonio & SansÃ³, Andreu, 2000. "Measurement Errors and Outliers in Seasonal Unit Root Testing," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt0gw7q9hk, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Niels Haldrup & Antonio Montanés & Andreu Sanso, . "Measurement Errors and Outliers in Seasonal Unit Root Testing," Economics Working Papers 2000-8, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Paulo M.M. Rodrigues & A.M. Robert Taylor, .
"Efficient Tests of the Seasonal Unit Root Hypothesis,"
06/12, University of Nottingham, School of Economics.
- Rodrigues, Paulo M.M. & Taylor, A.M. Robert, 2007. "Efficient tests of the seasonal unit root hypothesis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 548-573, December.
- Paulo M.M. Rodrigues & A.M. Robert Taylor, 2004. "Efficient Tests of the Seasonal Unit Root Hypothesis," Economics Working Papers ECO2004/29, European University Institute.
- Shin, Dong Wan & Oh, Man-Suk, 2000. "Semiparametric tests for seasonal unit roots based on a semiparametric feasible GLSE," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 207-218, November.
- Uwe Hassler & Paulo M. M. Rodrigues, 2004.
"Seasonal Unit Root Tests Under Structural Breaks,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(1), pages 33-53, 01.
- Shin, Dong Wan & Oh, Man-Suk, 2004. "Fully modified semiparametric GLS estimation for regressions with nonstationary seasonal regressors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 122(2), pages 247-280, October.
- Gabriel Pons, 2006. "Testing Monthly Seasonal Unit Roots With Monthly and Quarterly Information," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(2), pages 191-209, 03.
- Shin, Dong Wan, 2004. "Estimation of spectral density for seasonal time series models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 149-159, April.
- Smith, Richard J. & Robert Taylor, A. M., 2001. "Recursive and rolling regression-based tests of the seasonal unit root hypothesis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 309-336, December.
- Luis C. Nunes & Paulo M. M. Rodrigues, 2011.
"On LM‐type tests for seasonal unit roots in the presence of a break in trend,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(2), pages 108-134, 03.
- Luís Catela Nunes & Paulo M.M. Rodrigues, 2009. "On LM-Type Tests for Seasonal Unit Roots in the Presence of a Break in Trend," Working Papers w200920, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Gregoir, Stephane, 2006. "Efficient tests for the presence of a pair of complex conjugate unit roots in real time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 130(1), pages 45-100, January.
- Shin, Dong Wan & Lee, Oesook, 2007. "Asymmetry and nonstationarity for a seasonal time series model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 89-114, January.
- Rodrigues, Paulo M. M. & Taylor, A. M. Robert, 2004. "Alternative estimators and unit root tests for seasonal autoregressive processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 35-73, May.
- repec:dar:vpaper:37696 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.