Corporate Taxation and Investment: A Synthesis of the Neo-Classical Theory
AbstractThis paper presents a synthesis of the way that corporation income tax influences the capital accumulation decision of a dynamic neoclassical firm. Relative and absolute prices for capital goods are allowed to change, adjustment costs are considered, investment tax incentives are investigated, and various ways of determining the debt issue by the firm are considered.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Canadian Economics Association in its journal Canadian Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 13 (1980)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Canadian Economics Association Prof. Steven Ambler, Secretary-Treasurer c/o Olivier Lebert, CEA/CJE/CPP Office C.P. 35006, 1221 Fleury Est Montréal, Québec, Canada H2C 3K4
Web page: http://economics.ca/cje/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Robin Boadway, 1979. "Corporate Taxation and Investment: A Synthesis of the NeoClassical Theory," Working Papers 324, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Znuderl, Nusa & Kearney, Ide, 2013. "User Cost of Debt-Financed Capital in Irish Manufacturing Industry: 1985 ? 2011," Papers WP448, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Kanniainen, Vesa & Sodersten, Jan, 1995. "The importance of reporting conventions for the theory of corporate taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 417-430, July.
- O. Yul Kwon, 1983. "Neutral Taxation and Provincial Mineral Royalties: The Manitoba Metallic Minerals and Saskatchewan Uranium Royalties," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 9(2), pages 189-199, June.
- Hovick Shahnazarian, 2009. "Does Tax Debt Capacity Matttter?," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 22(1), pages 21-30, Spring.
- Bernard, Jean-Thomas & Lessard, François & Thivierge, Simon, 1986. "La demande d’énergie du secteur commercial québécois," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 62(1), pages 5-22, mars.
- Polito, Vito, 2011. "Deferred Taxation and Effective Tax Rates on Income from Capital in the United States, 2000-2010," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2011/14, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Prof. Werner Antweiler).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.