El movimiento cooperativo en el Ecuador. Visión histórica, situación actual y perspectivas
AbstractThis article presents the results of research into the cooperative movement in Ecuador. After analysing the historical background, it describes the development and current situation of the movement, and discusses its weaknesses and future prospects. It also examines the role of the State in its origins and evolution, as well as looking at the chief limiting factors of the current legal system. Lastly, it presents some statistical data to help clarify the function of the cooperative movement and its importance in Ecuador.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by CIRIEC-España in its journal CIRIEC-España, revista de economía pública, social y cooperativa.
Volume (Year): (2007)
Issue (Month): 57 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Av. dels Tarongers, s/n., Despacho 2P21, 46022 Valencia
Phone: 96 382 84 89 / 96 356 22 48
Fax: 96 382 84 92
Web page: http://www.ciriec.es/
More information through EDIRC
Cooperativism; Ecuador; history; sectors; prospects.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
- H70 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - General
- K00 - Law and Economics - - General - - - General (including Data Sources and Description)
- P13 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Cooperative Enterprises
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafael Chaves).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.