El asociacionismo agrario en la Unión Europea. El caso de las Organizaciones de Productores de Plátanos de Canarias
AbstractThe aim of this paper is to examine the consequences for the Canarian banana sector of the obligation to be integrated in producer’s organisations as a result of the coming into force of the European Common Market Organisation for bananas. Firstly, the successive modifications to the legislation referring to banana producer’s organisations are presented both at EU and Canarian level. And secondly, the effects that the application of this regulation has had on the commercial structures of the Canarian banana sector are analysed. A concentration of the supply and that has generated more results in cost savings that in sales management.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by CIRIEC-España in its journal CIRIEC-España, revista de economía pública, social y cooperativa.
Volume (Year): (2005)
Issue (Month): 51 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Av. dels Tarongers, s/n., Despacho 2P21, 46022 Valencia
Phone: 96 382 84 89 / 96 356 22 48
Fax: 96 382 84 92
Web page: http://www.ciriec.es/
More information through EDIRC
Common Market Organisation for bananas; Banana Producer’s Organisation; Agricultural cooperative movement; European Union; Canary Islands.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J54 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Producer Cooperatives; Labor Managed Firms
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- P13 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Cooperative Enterprises
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafael Chaves).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.