La gestión basada en las actividades en cooperativas citrícolas: un enfoque integrador de las prácticas empresariales
AbstractToday’s economic scenario makes it necessary for citrus fruit cooperatives to adopt business practices which will achieve a competitive advantage and thus guarantee their continued activity. The cooperative sector has traditionally been unaffected by business management techniques, focusing on specific aspects of management. However, many advantages can be obtained from integrated management of a cooperative with regard to the quality and quantity of the information required for taking decisions. This study considers the use of a management system based on activities as a vehicle for the integrated management of business practices in citrus fruit cooperatives. It suggests a methodology for applying the system and analyses its potential for achieving a competitive advantage.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by CIRIEC-España in its journal CIRIEC-España, revista de economía pública, social y cooperativa.
Volume (Year): (2004)
Issue (Month): 50 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Av. dels Tarongers, s/n., Despacho 2P21, 46022 Valencia
Phone: 96 382 84 89 / 96 356 22 48
Fax: 96 382 84 92
Web page: http://www.ciriec.es/
More information through EDIRC
activities; business management; costs; citrus fruit cooperatives; performance; cost driver.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L70 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - General
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- P13 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Cooperative Enterprises
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Izquierdo, Ricardo Server & Ronco, Alicia Mateos, 2003. "Los costes de calidad en las empresas citricolas y su identificacion en el marco del sistema de costes basado en actividades," Economia Agraria y Recursos Naturales, Spanish Association of Agricultural Economists, Spanish Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 3(01).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafael Chaves).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.