Causas, intereses y desarrollo histórico de la acción colectiva empresarial en el ámbito agrario: el caso del cooperativismo en el sector oleícola
AbstractThe objective of this paper is explore the roots of the co-operative movement in the food oil sector from a historical perspective through a bibliographical review of the diverse studies carried out at the regional and provincial levels in Spain. It explores the causes of co-operatives’ creation and the profile of the farmers who benefited from the experience. It ascertains the level of business development in the organisational, human and technological spheres, analysing the conditioning factors limiting co-operative action to the stockpiling and production areas, with little penetration in cooperation at the second level of bottling and refining. An empirical study is made of evolution in one of the Spanish provinces where the incidence of this type of co-operative is significant.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by CIRIEC-España in its journal CIRIEC-España, revista de economía pública, social y cooperativa.
Volume (Year): (2003)
Issue (Month): 46 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Av. dels Tarongers, s/n., Despacho 2P21, 46022 Valencia
Phone: 96 382 84 89 / 96 356 22 48
Fax: 96 382 84 92
Web page: http://www.ciriec.es/
More information through EDIRC
Agrarian co-operatives; food oil sector; business development; agrarian history; organisational ecology; government of the enterprise.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
- L79 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Other
- N54 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - Europe: 1913-
- N84 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History - - - Europe: 1913-
- P13 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Cooperative Enterprises
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafael Chaves).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.