Crise et reconversion des milieux industrialo-portuaires : dépendance de sentier ou renouveau économique ? Les exemples de Dunkerque (France) et de Gdansk (Pologne)
AbstractIn the current knowledge-based economy, the development of ?innovative milieus? is at the centre of territorial redeployment policies. The emergence of these innovative milieus stems from the trajectory that the territory has followed for a long period of time. They result from an alchemy between the local communities, the local institutions and the enterprises which favours, according to the assets of the territory, the attractiveness and the emergence of new activities. In this paper, we study the trajectory followed by two towns characterized by a strong industrial specialization : Dunkerque (France) and Gdansk (Poland). How to explain the constant choice of industrialisation as a redeployment policy in the case of Dunkerque, while Gdansk seems to develop new assets that could result in the emergence of new growth paths ? We answer this question by mobilizing the evolutionist theory and notably by indentifying the specific and complementary assets accumulated over the time.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Armand Colin in its journal Revue d’Économie Régionale & Urbaine.
Volume (Year): juin (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-d-economie-regionale-et-urbaine.htm
reconversion; trajectory; specific assets; Dunkerque; Gdansk;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sophie BOUTILLIER, 2013. "La création de petites entreprises dans l’agglomération dunkerquois (Nord de France) : le cheminement difficile de la société salariale à la société entrepreneuriale BUSINESS CREATION IN DUNK," Working Papers 265, Laboratoire de Recherche sur l'Industrie et l'Innovation. ULCO / Research Unit on Industry and Innovation.
- Sophie BOUTILLIER, 2013. "Entrepreneuriat féminin enquête dans l’agglomération dunkerquoise (Nord – France) Women Entrepreneurship Case Study (Dunkerque - North - France)," Working Papers 267, Laboratoire de Recherche sur l'Industrie et l'Innovation. ULCO / Research Unit on Industry and Innovation.
- Sophie BOUTILLIER, 2012. "La création d’entreprises dans l’agglomération dunkerquoise (Nord - France). La force des liens faibles ? BUSINESS CREATION IN DUNKIRK (NORTH – FRANCE) THE STRENGTH OF WEAK TIES?," Working Papers 254, Laboratoire de Recherche sur l'Industrie et l'Innovation. ULCO / Research Unit on Industry and Innovation.
- Sophie BOUTILLIER & Blandine LAPERCHE & Dimitri UZUNIDIS, 2011. "Entrepreneurs Et Reconversion Des Territoires L'Exemple De Dunkerque Milieu Industrialo-Portuaire (Nord, France) Entrepreneurs And Territories Reconstruction The Case Of The Industrial And Port Milieu," Working Papers 242, Laboratoire de Recherche sur l'Industrie et l'Innovation. ULCO / Research Unit on Industry and Innovation.
- Maria LOREK, 2012. "Politique de clusterisation et systèmes sectoriels d’innovation en Pologne: le cas des TIC à Gdansk CLUSTERING POLICY AND SECTORAL SYSTEMS OF INNOVATION IN POLAND: THE CASE OF THE ICTS IN GDANSK," Working Papers 257, Laboratoire de Recherche sur l'Industrie et l'Innovation. ULCO / Research Unit on Industry and Innovation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.