Indices des ventes répétées et modification de l'environnement immobilier
AbstractAn important objective in the construction of real estate price indices is the creation of sub-indices by region or by neighbourhood. Environmental changes such as the improvement in the accessibility of a neighbourhood will result in different price changes across neighbourhoods. It is important that an appropriate method be selected for constructing such indices. One such method is the repeat sales method which has the advantage that it does not require the attributes of properties. In this paper, we construct an index of a particular house type in Bordeaux (the « échoppes ») for the period 1985-1997. This index shows steady price increases even during the bearish real estate markets of the early 1990s. When the city is divided into two regions, differences in price changes are observed. Classification JEL : D4, R31, R14.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Armand Colin in its journal Revue d’Économie Régionale & Urbaine.
Volume (Year): décembre (2001)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-d-economie-regionale-et-urbaine.htm
real estate indices; environment; repeat sales method;
Other versions of this item:
- Thion, B. & Favarger, P. & Hoesli, M., 2001. "Indices des ventes repetees et modification de l'environnement immobilier," Papers 2001.02, Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales, Universite de Geneve-.
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
- R14 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Land Use Patterns
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Baroni Michel & Barthélémy Fabrice & Mokrane Madhi, 2009.
"A repeat sales index robust to small datasets,"
THEMA Working Papers
2009-16, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Baroni, Michel & Barthélémy, Fabrice & Mokrane, Mahdi, 2009. "A repeat sales index Robust to small datasets," ESSEC Working Papers DR 09003, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Michel Baroni & Fabrice Barthélémy & Mokrane Mahdi, 2009. "A Repeat Sales Index Robust to Small Datasets," Post-Print hal-00551732, HAL.
- Michel Baroni & Fabrice Barthe´le´my & Mahdi Mokrane, 2007. "APCA Factor Repeat Sales Index for Apartment Prices in Paris," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 29(2), pages 137-158.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.