Valorisation économique des effets de la pollution atmosphérique
AbstractThis article introduces the main results of a contextual contingent valuation survey (i.e. specific to the underlying risk) dealing with a change in air pollution exposition. Individual willingness-to-pay for both health (morbidity and mortality) and non-health effects are elicited. The use of an original hypothetical scenario that involves 1 273 inhabitants of the Bouches-du-Rhône and a convenient econometric model (Box-Cox model with censoring) lead to an overall predicted monthly value of 68,6 euros per household for an half decrease of the number of polluted days. A model of expected life-time resource allocation allows us to evaluate, for the first time, a value of a prevented fatality specific to the air pollution risk : 0,8 million Euros.Classification JEL : C1, I1, Q25, D12
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Presses de Sciences-Po in its journal Revue économique.
Volume (Year): 55 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-economique.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tina Rambonilaza, 2012. "Demande de séjour touristique en espace rural et vecteurs de valorisation marchande d’aménités naturelles et patrimoniales," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 93(4), pages 423-441.
- Dormont, Brigitte, 2009. "Les dépenses de santé : une augmentation salutaire ?," Opuscules du CEPREMAP, CEPREMAP, number 15.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.