Droit à la santé et coopération internationale : les déficiences institutionnelles
AbstractIn this article we discuss about the limits of the implementation of health as a human right on an international scale. We use a typology suggested by Kaul, Grunberg and Stern ( 2002) with an aim of understanding the current limits of the international cooperation in the supply of global public goods. We show that, in the case of health, these limits can be analysed as an institutional deficiency.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by De Boeck Université in its journal Mondes en développement.
Volume (Year): 129 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-mondes-en-developpement.htm
Global public Goods; Health; Institutions;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gauri, Varun, 2003.
"Social rights and economics : claims to health care and education in developing countries,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3006, The World Bank.
- Gauri, Varun, 2004. "Social Rights and Economics: Claims to Health Care and Education in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 465-477, March.
- Sandler, Todd, 2001. "On financing global and international public goods," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2638, The World Bank.
- Anne Mills, 2002. "La science et la technologie en tant que biens publics mondiaux : S'attaquer aux maladies prioritaires des pays pauvres," Revue d’économie du développement, De Boeck Université, vol. 16(1), pages 117-139.
- Frederik Booysen, 2002. "An Overview and Evaluation of Composite Indices of Development," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 59(2), pages 115-151, August.
- Andrew Sharpe, 1999. "A Survey of Indicators of Economic and Social Well-being," CSLS Research Reports 99wb, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Craig, David & Porter, Doug, 2003. "Poverty Reduction Strategy Papers: A New Convergence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 53-69, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.