Ist Deutschland Hoch- oder Niedrigsteuerland? Der Versuch einer Synthese
AbstractThe debate about Germany as a high or low tax country is nourished by the fact that different concepts of measuring the effective tax burden of company profits arrive at contradictory results. Depending on the indicator used, the tax burden of firms is high or low in international comparison. We discuss the reasons for differences in results and propose an indicator which combines competing measurement concepts and can thus be understood as a synthesis of both. Copyright Verein für Socialpolitik und Blackwell Publishers Ltd, 2006
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Verein für Socialpolitik in its journal Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik.
Volume (Year): 7 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (02)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1465-6493
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Devereux, Michael P & Griffith, Rachel, 2003.
"Evaluating Tax Policy for Location Decisions,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 107-26, March.
- Aarbu, Karl Ove & MacKie-Mason, Jeffrey K, 2003. "Explaining Underutilization of Tax Depreciation Deductions: Empirical Evidence from Norway," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 229-57, May.
- Johannes Becker & Clemens Fuest, 2004. "A Backward Looking Measure of the Effective Marginal Tax Burden on Investment," CESifo Working Paper Series 1342, CESifo Group Munich.
- Enrique G. Mendoza & Assaf Razin & Linda L. Tesar, 1995.
"Effective Tax Rates in Macroeconomics: Cross-Country Estimates of Tax Rates on Factor Incomes and Consumption,"
NBER Working Papers
4864, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mendoza, Enrique G. & Razin, Assaf & Tesar, Linda L., 1994. "Effective tax rates in macroeconomics: Cross-country estimates of tax rates on factor incomes and consumption," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 297-323, December.
- Johannes Becker & Clemens Fuest, 2007. "Steuerpolitische Perspektiven der Unternehmensteuerreform 2008," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 76(2), pages 39-48.
- Dreßler, Daniel, 2012. "The impact of corporate taxes on investment: An explanatory empirical analysis for interested practitioners," ZEW Discussion Papers 12-040, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Johannes Becker & Clemens Fuest, 2006. "Observable Depreciation Deductions and the Effective Marginal Tax Burden on Investment," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 226(4), pages 346-360, July.
- Maik Dietrich & Dirk Kiesewetter & Sonja Moosmann, 2008. "Schwedische Direktinvestitionen in Deutschland und in Österreich - Eine empirische Untersuchung der,,gefühlten Steuerbelastung"," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 9(1), pages 62-82, 02.
- Stefan Bach, 2013. "Has German Business Income Taxation Raised too Little Revenue over the Last Decades?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1303, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Gebhardt, Heinz & Siemers, Lars-H. R., 2011.
"Die relative Steuerlast mittelständischer Kapitalgesellschaften
[The relative tax burden of medium-sized corporations in Germany]," MPRA Paper 28894, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.