Taxes as a Determinant for Foreign Direct Investment in Europe
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich in its journal DICE.
Volume (Year): 1 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (02)
Direktinvestition; Unternehmensbesteuerung; Steuerwettbewerb; EU-Staaten; Foreign direct investment; Corporate taxation; Tax competition; EU countries;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- H20 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - General
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Haufler, A. & Schjelderup, G., 1999.
"Corporate Taxation, Profit Shifting, and the Efficiency of Public Input Provision,"
18/99, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Andreas Haufler & Guttorm Schjelderup, 1999. "Corporate Taxation, Profit Shifting, and the Efficiency of Public Input Provision," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 56(3/4), pages 481-, July.
- Haufler, Andreas & Schjelderup, Guttorm, 1999. "Corporate taxation, profit shifting, and the efficiency of public input provision," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 4, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- James R. Markusen, 1995. "The Boundaries of Multinational Enterprises and the Theory of International Trade," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 169-189, Spring.
- Papke, Leslie E., 1991.
"Interstate business tax differentials and new firm location : Evidence from panel data,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 47-68, June.
- Leslie E. Papke, 1991. "Interstate Business Tax Differentials and New Firm Location: Evidence from Panel Data," NBER Working Papers 3184, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Holger Görg & Eric Strobl, 2004.
"Spillovers from Foreign Firms through Worker Mobility: An Empirical Investigation,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
463, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Holger Görg & Eric Strobl, 2005. "Spillovers from Foreign Firms through Worker Mobility: An Empirical Investigation," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 107(4), pages 693-709, December.
- Gorg, Holger & Eric Strobl, 2003. "Spillovers from foreign firms through worker mobility: An empirical investigation," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 89, Royal Economic Society.
- Görg, Holger & Strobl, Eric, 2002. "Spillovers From Foreign Firms Through Worker Mobility: An Empirical Investigation," IZA Discussion Papers 591, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Frank Hettich & Carsten Schmidt, 2001. "Die deutsche Steuerbelastung im internationalen Vergleich: Warum Deutschland (k)eine Steuerreform braucht," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 2(1), pages 45-60, 02.
- Haskel, Jonathan & Pereira, Sonia & Slaughter, Matthew, 2002.
"Does Inward Foreign Direct Investment Boost the Productivity of Domestic Firms?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3384, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jonathan E. Haskel & Sonia C. Pereira & Matthew J. Slaughter, 2007. "Does Inward Foreign Direct Investment Boost the Productivity of Domestic Firms?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 89(3), pages 482-496, August.
- Jonathan E. Haskel & Sonia C. Pereira & Matthew J. Slaughter, 2002. "Does Inward Foreign Direct Investment Boost the Productivity of Domestic Firms?," NBER Working Papers 8724, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan E. Haskel & Sonia C. Pereira & Matthew J. Slaughter, 2002. "Does Inward Foreign Direct Investment Boost the Productivity of Domestic Firms?," Working Papers 452, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Michael Devereux, 1992. "The Ruding Committee report : an economic assessment," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 13(2), pages 96-107, May.
- Michael P. Devereux & Rachel Griffith, 1998.
"The Taxation of Discrete Investment Choices,"
Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001)
98/08, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- de Mooij, Ruud A & Ederveen, Sjef, 2003.
"Taxation and Foreign Direct Investment: A Synthesis of Empirical Research,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer, vol. 10(6), pages 673-93, November.
- Ruud A. de Mooij & Sjef Ederveen, 2001. "Taxation and Foreign Direct Investment: A Synthesis of Empirical Research," CESifo Working Paper Series 588, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ruud de Mooij & S. Ederveen, 2001. "Taxation and foreign direct investment; a synthesis of empirical research," CPB Discussion Paper 3, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Wilson, John Douglas, 1999. "Theories of Tax Competition," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 52(n. 2), pages 269-304, June Cita.
- Michael Devereux & Rachel Griffith, 1996.
"Taxes and the location of production: evidence from a panel of US multinationals,"
IFS Working Papers
W96/14, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Devereux, Michael P. & Griffith, Rachel, 1998. "Taxes and the location of production: evidence from a panel of US multinationals," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 335-367, June.
- Mendoza, Enrique G. & Razin, Assaf & Tesar, Linda L., 1994.
"Effective tax rates in macroeconomics: Cross-country estimates of tax rates on factor incomes and consumption,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 297-323, December.
- Enrique G. Mendoza & Assaf Razin & Linda L. Tesar, 1995. "Effective Tax Rates in Macroeconomics: Cross-Country Estimates of Tax Rates on Factor Incomes and Consumption," NBER Working Papers 4864, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stöwhase, Sven, 2002. "Profit Shifting opportunities, Multinationals, and the determinants of FDI," Discussion Papers in Economics 29, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Michael P. Devereux & Rachel Griffith & Alexander Klemm, 2002. "Corporate income tax reforms and international tax competition," Economic Policy, CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 17(35), pages 449-495, October.
- David Carey & Harry Tchilinguirian, 2000. "Average Effective Tax Rates on Capital, Labour and Consumption," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 258, OECD Publishing.
- Gorg, Holger & Strobl, Eric, 2001. "Multinational Companies and Productivity Spillovers: A Meta-analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(475), pages F723-39, November.
- Deborah L. Swenson, 2000. "Transaction Type and the Effect of Taxes on the Distribution of Foreign Direct Investment in the United States," NBER Chapters, in: International Taxation and Multinational Activity, pages 89-112 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nils Herger & Christos Kotsogiannis & Steve McCorriston, 2011. "International Taxation and FDI Strategies: Evidence From US Cross-Border Acquisitions," Discussion Papers 1109, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.